Manchester City vs Leeds United Preview
Manchester City have been in impeccable form this season and are currently at the top of the Premier League standings. The Cityzens edged Wolverhampton Wanderers to a 1-0 victory in their previous game and will want to take it up a notch this week.
Leeds United, on the other hand, are in 15th place in the league table at the moment and have not been at their best this season. Marcelo Bielsa's side suffered a 3-2 defeat against Chelsea over the weekend and will need to work hard to bounce back in this fixture.
Manchester City vs Leeds United Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Manchester City have a slight edge over Leeds United and have won 45 games out of 106 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Leeds' 43 victories.
- Manchester City are winless in their last four Premier League games against Leeds United and have failed to defeat their opponents in 18 years.
- Manchester City have scored 499 goals in 206 games under Pep Guardiola and could scale the 500-goal mark this week.
- Joe Gelhardt is a goal away from becoming the first teenager to score in consecutive Premier League appearances for Leeds United since James Milner in 2002.
- Leeds United have won only one of the last 14 away games against reigning champions in the Premier League and have a point to prove in this fixture.
- Leeds United have won six of their seven midweeks games since their promotion to the Premier League in 2020.
Manchester City vs Leeds United Prediction
Manchester City are in excellent form at the moment and have one of the best squads in the Premier League. With Liverpool and Chelsea hot on their heels, Pep Guardiola's charges will need to work hard to defend their Premier League crown this season.
Leeds United can be an exhilarating outfit on their day but are in dire need of a shot in the arm at the moment. Manchester City have been the better team this season and should be able to win this game.
Prediction: Manchester City 3-1 Leeds United
Manchester City vs Leeds United Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Result: Aston Villa
Tip 2 - Goals over/under 2.5 - Over 2.5 goals
Tip 3 - Bernardo Silva to score anytime: YES
Tip 4 - Manchester City to score first: YES