The Premier League is back in action with another round of matches this weekend as Fulham lock horns with Eddie Howe's Newcastle United side in an important clash at St. James' Park on Sunday.
Newcastle United vs Fulham Preview
Fulham are currently in sixth place in the Premier League standings and have consistently punched above their weight this season. The away side stunned Chelsea with a 2-1 victory this week and will be confident ahead of this fixture.
Newcastle United, on the other hand, are in third place in the league table at the moment and have been exceptional so far this season. The Magpies eased past Leicester City by a 2-0 scoreline in their previous game and will look to achieve a similar result this weekend.
Newcastle United vs Fulham Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- Fulham have a slight edge over Newcastle United and have won 31 out of the 76 matches played between the two teams, as opposed to Newcastle United's 30 victories.
- Newcastle United could potentially win the league double over Fulham for the first time since the 2007-08 season and could win three league games in a row against the Cottagers for the first time in their history.
- Fulham are winless in their last six Premier League away games against Newcastle United, with their previous such victory coming by a 1-0 margin in May 2009.
- Newcastle United are unbeaten in their last 13 matches in the Premier League - their second-longest unbeaten run in the history of the competition.
- Newcastle United have kept clean sheets in their last four matches in the Premier League and have never sustained the feat in five consecutive games in top-flight history.
$1000 No Sweat First Bet on FanDuel
Newcastle United vs Fulham Prediction
Newcastle United have emerged as bonafide top-four contenders this season and are in excellent form at the moment. The likes of Miguel Almiron and Joelinton have stepped up under Eddie Howe and will look to prove their mettle this weekend.
Fulham have also been in impressive form this season and can pull off an upset on their day. Newcastle United are the better team on paper, however, and hold a slight upper hand going into this game.
Prediction: Newcastle United 2-1 Fulham
5 Second Chance Bets up to $100 Each on PointsBet
Newcastle United vs Fulham Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result - Newcastle United
Tip 2: Game to have over 2.5 goals - Yes
Tip 3: Newcastle United to score first - Yes
Tip 4: Miguel Almiron to score - Yes