No new PSG offer for Beckham - Ancelotti
PARIS (AFP) –
Paris Saint Germain have not made any fresh approach to lure David Beckham to the big-spending French club, PSG coach Carlo Ancelotti said on Tuesday.
“We haven’t made an offer, good luck to him,” said Ancelotti the day after the iconic former England international announced he was quitting LA Galaxy next month for a fresh challenge.
In December last year Beckham was in advanced talks with PSG about a move to Paris before any potential deal fell through at the last moment.
The 37-year-old Beckham is due to hold a press conference in Los Angeles later Tuesday to elaborate on his future.
On Monday he said: “I’ve had an incredibly special time playing for the LA Galaxy. However, I wanted to experience one last challenge before the end of my playing career.”
The former Manchester united star has spent the past six seasons with the Galaxy, leading Los Angeles to an MLS Cup title last season.