Create
Notifications
New User posted their first comment
Advertisement

FC Porto president: I Rejected Atletico Madrid's €30m offer for Alex Sandro

IANS
NEWS
Modified 29 Jul 2015
News
Alex Sandro Porto Atletico Madrid
Porto rejected Atletico Madrid’s €30m bid for Alex Sandro

Porto (Portugal), July 29 (IANS)

FC Porto president Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa said that he had rejected an offer by Spanish football club Atletico Madrid over the summer to buy Brazilian defender Alex Sandro for 30 million euros.

Pinto da Costa justified his decision on Tuesday, citing the 24-year-old’s termination clause of 50 million euros as well as the refusal of the Spanish club to sell midfielder Oliver Torres Munoz, reports Efe.

The Porto president explained that he told players who want to go to Madrid could leave and players who want to join Porto could come. Da Costa pointed out that Oliver wanted to join the Portuguese side and talked to his coach about it almost every day, but the Spanish side did not let him go.

The young Spanish midfielder, who played with the 'Dragons' on loan last year, was offered by Atletico Madrid to join the Portuguese side within the transfer of Colombian Jackson Martinez, but their Argentine coach Diego Simeone refused the deal, according to Costa.

Published 29 Jul 2015, 14:42 IST
Advertisement
Fetching more content...
App download animated image Get the free App now