Manchester United offer Luis Suarez a huge 3-year deal, Juventus to make €200 million bid for Liverpool star and more Premier League transfer news: February 11, 2019
Hello and welcome to the Premier League transfer news and rumours for the day! Here are the top stories of the day surrounding the Premier League!
Mark Noble speaks on Arnautovic saga
West Ham captain Mark Noble has spoken of the Marko Arnautovic saga and how it affected the Londoners. Arnautovic was all set to go to China but later signed a new deal with the Hammers.
And now, Noble admits that the stories surrounding the Austrian made waves in the team but is proud of how things have gone ever since.
"It affected us because of results," he admitted.
"Only really when you think about January when you think of players being unsettled, but I am proud of the lads with the two performances we have just put in.”
Noble then went on to add that he doesn’t blame Arnautovic for doing what he did as players have families to feed, but also noted that when a squad has too many injuries, it becomes very hard for the team to cope up.
"I will never blame a player. I won't because they have got families and you have got to understand where they are coming from.
"But you have to have a big enough squad to cope with it and with 11 injuries it is pretty tough."
Faitout Maouassa rejected Newcastle
Earlier in the January transfer window, Newcastle United were linked with a move for Faitout Maouassa. They were reports of a £7 million bid and now the player himself has come forward to claim that he rejected a move to St. James Park.
While he admitted that playing in the Premier League is a dream for him, he added that he didn’t believe that the time was right for such a move to happen as he still has room for improvement.
“I must admit, with Newcastle, it did shock me because everyone dreams of playing in the Premier League,” he said.
“But I was not ready. I still have to grow.”
Manchester City insert buy-back clause in Schalke starlet’s deal
Former Manchester City youngster Rabbi Matondo joined German side Schalke on a permanent basis in the January transfer window for reported £9.6 million initial fees. It was the second time as many windows that the Etihad outfit lost one of their best talents to the Bundesliga.
However, according to Football Insider, the Etihad outfit have inserted a buy-back clause of a mammoth £60 million for the player. It goes to show how highly he is rated in England.
The word madness must have been made for reports like these as claims from Spain say that Manchester United have made a huge offer for Luis Suarez. The Red Devils have apparently offered him a three-year deal, which most likely would mean that he would retire at the Old Trafford as Suarez is 32 years of age right now.
Juventus want Mo Salah
Mohamed Salah being linked to Real Madrid and Barcelona is a common sight. However, according to reports from Spain, there is a new club in the house as Juventus have been credited with an interest for the Egyptian superstar.
The Old Lady are willing to let go of Dybala in order to fund the deal. The report also adds that the Argentine is in talks with Inter. The deal to bring the Egyptian could cost around €200 million and Cristiano Ronaldo also approves of it.
Phil Jones responds to criticism
Manchester United defender Phil Jones has signed a new deal with the Red Devils that is going to keep him at the Theatre of Dreams until 2023. This news wasn’t greeted with warmth as United fans were dismayed by the decision.
However, according to the player himself, he isn’t bothered by the criticism as he is very happy to have got an extension with the Red Devils.
“I’m going to get criticism in the future, I’ve had criticism in the past,” Jones said.
“Honestly, I genuinely don’t care. I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends. I play football for Man United, I’ve been given an extra contract and I’m grateful for that.”