COOKIE CONSENT
Create
Notifications
Favorites Edit
Advertisement

Manchester United to make offers worth €230 million combined for Serie A duo, no bids for Chelsea target yet and more Premier League transfer news February 18, 2019

FEATURED WRITER
News
11.71K   //    18 Feb 2019, 21:56 IST

This could be great news for United fans
This could be great news for United fans

Hello and welcome to the Premier League transfer news and rumours of the day! Here are the top stories of the day surrounding the Premier League!

Eriksen contract update

Tottenham Hotspur star Christian Eriksen’s contract is the center of much talk as the Dane’s deal with Spurs ends in the summer of 2020. He has, so far, stalled talking on a new deal but according to Alasdair Gold, there has been some progress in recent talks.

According to Gold, the Lilywhites are trying really hard to close a deal with the Dane but the final decision depends on the strength of the interest from Spain. He also added that the former Ajax star is actually happy in London but isn’t possible to rule out a move to Real or Barca.

“Spurs are working hard to tie Eriksen up to a new deal and I’d heard there has been some progress in recent weeks, but a lot depends on how serious the interest is from Spain,” he said.

“The Dane is happy at Spurs and enjoys playing for Pochettino and with his team-mates. However, he turned 27 on Valentine’s Day and the lure of a new challenge at Real Madrid or Barcelona just can’t be ruled out.

“Much depends on whether either of the La Liga giants would pay whatever Daniel Levy would ask for a player who will have just a year left on his contract in the summer.”

Saudi crown prince denies Man United swoop attempt

The media manager of Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, Turki al-Shabanah, has claimed that the reports of MBS buying Manchester United aren’t true at all.

He also added that there was a meeting between Manchester United and Public Investment Fund Saudi to discuss sponsorship but nothing came of it.

"Reports claiming that HRH the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman intends on buying Manchester United are completely false," said Turki al-Shabanah.

Advertisement

"Manchester United held a meeting with PIF [Public Investment Fund] Saudi to discuss a sponsorship opportunity. No deal has materialised."

No bids for Jovic

Luka Jovic is one of Europe’s most in-form players. So much that he has already been linked with a move to Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea. However, Frankfurt sporting director Fredi Bobic has ridiculed those stories and claimed that he was surprised by them.

“So far, this is just typical leaves rustling with zero content. It did not scare me, but it surprised me, first it was Barcelona, then it was Real Madrid, now Chelsea, who’s tomorrow, Juve, the day after tomorrow, someone else, that was a bit too much,” he said.

Manchester madness

It has been a while since madness descended upon the Old Trafford but it could happen this summer if this report from Spain is to be believed. According to it, Manchester United have offered Romelu Lukaku to Real Madrid for €75 million but the Galacticos deem it too expensive.

The report also adds that Manchester United are eying a swoop for Paulo Dybala and Mauro Icardi. Juventus have set a price of €120 million for the Argentine while the Inter man has a release clause of €110 million and United want to take advantage of it.

Ospina set to stay at Napoli

Napoli manager Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that David Ospina, on loan from Arsenal, will be signed by Napoli on a permanent transfer. The Colombian joined the Serie A outfit on loan last summer with an option to buy and it seems as though Napoli are going to use it.

“Ospina will remain at Napoli next season, regardless of how many games he plays,” he said.

Tags:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fetching more content...