QPR will welcome Swansea City to Loftus Park for a matchday 28 fixture in the EFL Championship on Saturday (January 21).
The hosts had to settle for a share of the spoils in a four-goal thriller at Reading in a game that saw two braces last weekend. Jeff Hendricks' first-half brace gave QPR a two-goal lead at the break, but the capital side fought back in the second half, with Tyler Roberts scoring a brace of his own to ensure parity.
Swansea, meanwhile, were eliminated by Bristol City in an FA Cup third round replay on Tuesday. The first leg ended in a 1-1 stalemate a fortnight ago, and the same result was played out, forcing extra time, where Samuel Bell scored the winner.
The Welsh outfit will turn their attention to the league, where they sit in 11th spot, garnering 38 points from 27 games. QPR, meanwhile, are one point and a spot below them in the standings.
QPR vs Swansea City Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- This will be the 55th meeting between the two sides. QPR lead 22-17, while 15 games have ended in a share of the spoils.
- Their most recent meeting in September 2022 saw Swansea claim a 1-0 home win.
- QPR are winless in their last five games across competitions, losing two. They're also winless in their last five home games, losing four.
- Swansea are unbeaten on their last three visits to Loftus Road, winning two. Their joint-biggest away victory came in a 5-0 win over QPR in the Premier League in 2012.
- QPR have scored first in just three of their last 11 league games.
QPR vs Swansea City Prediction
QPR and Swansea have both paid the price for their inconsistency in recent months, with their struggles seeing them fall out of the playoff spots.
However, a win for either team will take them to within a few points of the top six, while the loser will lose pace in their promotion bid.
QPR have struggled to score all season, having not done so in 11 of their 27 league games. However, Neil Critchley's side should do enough to get a point in a low-scoring draw.
Prediction: QPR 1-1 Swansea City
QPR vs Swansea City Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Result: Draw
Tip 2 - Both teams to score
Tip 3 - Under 2.5 goals
Paul Merson predicts Man City vs Liverpool and other Premier League GW 29 fixtures! Click here