Schalke 04-Werder Bremen Statistical Preview
Modified 19 Dec 2019, 23:41 IST
- Joel Matip and Felipe Santana compete for a spot at centre-back.
- Sead Kolasinac could start at left-back again, with Dennis Aogo switching to the position in central midfield.
- Jermaine Jones and Leon Goretzka are the first options should manager Jens Keller decide to rest one of his starters.
- Sebastian Prödl is still injured and will be replaced by Assani Lukimya at centre-back again.
- Franco Di Santo returns from injury to start up front.
- Otherwise, manager Robin Dutt could field an unchanged team.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 13 of Schalke’s last 14 home games in the Bundesliga.
- Schalke have won their last 4 matches against Werder Bremen in all competitions.
- Schalke have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches against Werder Bremen in all competitions.
- Schalke have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home matches against Werder Bremen in all competitions.
- Schalke bounced back from the derby loss against Dortmund a fortnight ago with a strong win at Hertha last weekend. Manager Jens Keller is still under huge pressure though and needs a result against Bremen.
- Bremen are back on track after a last minute win against neighbours Hannover last weekend. With the return of Franco Di Santo, they finally have a natural striker available again.
- Expect this to be an open and competitive game from the outset.
Schalke 04 2 - 1 Werder BremenPublished 08 Nov 2013, 21:45 IST