Los Rojiblancos have drawn their last two outings - drawing 1-1 with both Cadiz and Villarreal, allowing Barcelona to extend their lead in second position. They almost lost against Villarreal on Sunday. Giovani Lo Celso struck in the 86th minute but Jules Kounde rescued a point with a stoppage-time equaliser.
However, it could still be too late to secure a top-two finish in the league, as Barcelona are unlikely to cede four points in their last three games, Nevertheless, the Andalusian outfit are on course for their best top-flight finish since the 2008-09 season.
Meanwhile, Mallorca, who's back in La Liga after a year in the second division, might soon head back there. The Pirates are languishing in 18th place with 32 points, two points off Granada, who beat them 6-2 at the weekend.
Another defeat this week, coupled with Granada's win over Athletic Bilbao, will all but extinguish Mallorca's survival hopes.
Sevilla vs Mallorca Head-To-Head and Key Numbers
- Sevilla have won 14 of their last 31 games with Mallorca, losing only seven.
- Mallorca's last win over Sevilla was a 2-1 victory at home in March 2013.
- The two teams played out a 1-1 draw in the October reverse.
- If Sevilla draw on Wednesday, it'll be the third time this season they'll do so (also three in January-February 2022 and March 2022)
- Mallorca are looking to go unbeaten against Sevilla in a league campaign for the first time since their league double over them in 2013.
- Sevilla have lost just one home league game in 17 this season - a 3-2 defeat against champions Real Madrid in April - winning 11.
Sevilla vs Mallorca Prediction
Neither team are coming off good runs, but Sevilla are the better team, given the superior quality in their roster. Mallorca, despite having some good attacking options in the squad, have flattered to deceive big time.
Mallorca cannot afford to lose again, but their last performance was too poor to expect anything else other than a defeat in this game.
Prediction: Sevilla 3-1 Mallorca.
Sevilla vs Mallorca Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Result: Sevilla.
Tip 2 - Goals over/under: over 2.5.
Tip 3 - Both teams to score: Yes.