Video: Erik Lamela's rabona goal for Tottenham voted best goal in 2014/15 Europa League
Tottenham Hotspur forward Erik Lamela’s rabona goal against Asteras Tripoli has been voted the best goal in the UEFA Europa League in the 2014/15 season. Tottenham had won the game 5-1 but it was Lamela who stole the show with a breath-taking shot that left even his teammates stunned!
The ball came to him outside the box, near the centre. But instead of controlling it or taking a direct shot, the Argentine footballer attempted a Rabona and succeeded, with the ball nestling into the corner of the net!
In second place was Vasyl Kobin of Metalist Kharkiv when he scored against Legia Warsaw. Besiktas’ Tolgay Arslan came in third with his effort against Liverpool in February. Two goals from the final between Sevilla and Dnipro also made the list with Nikola Kalinic coming fourth while Carlos Bacca rounded off the Top 5.
The expert panel who decided the top 10 consisted of Sir Alex Ferguson, Dušan Fitzel, Lars Lagerbäck, Ioan Lupescu, Stefan Majewski, Willi Ruttensteiner, Ghenadie Scurtul, Lázslò Szalai and Dušan Tittel.
Top 10 goals of Europa League in 2014/15
- Erik Lamela for Tottenham Hotspur against Asteras Tripolis
- Vasyl Kobin for FC Metalist Kharkiv against Legia Warsaw
- Tolgay Arslan for Be?ikta? JK against Liverpool
- Nikola Kalini? for Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk against Sevilla
- Carlos Bacca for Sevilla against Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
- Denis Cheryshev for Villarreal CF against FC Salzburg
- Andoni Iraola for Athletic Club against Torino
- Stuart Armstrong for Celtic against Inter Milan
- Gonzalo Higuaín for SSC Napoli against Dynamo Moscow
- Rodrigo Palacio for Inter Milan against VfL Wolfsburg