Zinedine Zidane should sue FIFA, says La Liga president
La Liga president, Javier Tebas, has backed Zinedine Zidane to sue FIFA after they banned his two children from playing football.
La Liga president, Javier Tebas, has hit out at FIFA and has suggested that Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, sue the corporation for placing his children, Enzo Zidane and Luca Zidane, on the list of banned players.
Earlier this month, FIFA banned Real Madrid and local rivals Atletico Madrid from registering any players for the next two transfer windows after failing to comply with various rules set in registering underage players.
"Zidane should sue FIFA to protect his sons," Tebas told Libertad Digital on Thursday. "FIFA is preventing those two boys from developing their careers properly.
"The sanction is very harmful to the league. I can't understand how a club that gives so much coverage to principles, studies as well as the teaching of the sport to children, which is something the club really likes to do, can be sanctioned for it. The rule must be changed."
FIFA's disciplinary committee published evidence stating Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid "violated several provisions concerning the international transfer and first registration" of players under 18 years of age.
Since the announcement of the ban, Real Madrid, have stated that they've stuck by the rules and registered the youngsters with the Spanish authorities and nor have they signed them without adhering to all of the required procedures.
FIFA also claimed that Real Madrid never informed the local youth federations which the club have once again hit out as false accusation.
Both the clubs have since appealed the ban but should they fail will see them suffer the same fate as title-rivals, Barcelona. The Catalans could not register players for two windows. However, they were allowed to make signings who could use the club's facilities and prepare for when they were legally allowed to play with La Liga and other competitions the club were involved in.