Breaking: Endeavor announces the merger of UFC and WWE to create a mammoth $21 billion+ live sports powerhouse

Dana White (left), Ari Emmanuel (centre), Vince McMahon (right)
Dana White (left), Ari Emmanuel (centre), Vince McMahon (right)

UFC parent company Endeavor has announced their acquisition of the WWE, with the two organizations set to form a global live sports powerhouse.

According to Endeavor, the company will now own 51% of the controlling interest of the WWE, with the remaining 49% continued to be held by individual investors and stakeholders. The wrestling product has been valued by Endeavor at over $9 billion, meaning, alongside the UFC, the company now owns a combined sports entity worth over $21 billion.

Ariel Emanuel, CEO of Endeavor, stated that he believes his group can continue to grow the organization, just as Vince McMahon has done. He said:

“This is a rare opportunity to create a global live sports and entertainment pureplay built for where the industry is headed. For decades, Vince and his team have demonstrated an incredible track record of innovation and shareholder value creation, and we are confident that Endeavor can deliver significant additional value for shareholders by bringing UFC and WWE together.”

McMahon also shared his thoughts on the deal. The 77-year-old believes the decision to sell to Endeavor was ultimately best for the organization and its shareholders. Vince McMahon stated:

“Given the incredible work that Ari and Endeavor have done to grow the UFC brand – nearly doubling its revenue over the past seven years – and the immense success we’ve already had in partnering with their team on a number of ventures, I believe that this is without a doubt the best outcome for our shareholders and other stakeholders."

Roman Reigns weighs in on WWE and Endeavor deal

Roman Reigns defeated Cody Rhodes in the main event of Wrestlemania 39's second night of action. 'The Tribal Chief's victory means that he has now held the Universal Championship for over 940 days and the WWE title over 480.

Following his victory, Reigns sat down with the press to discuss a record-breaking weekend in professional wrestling. During the presser, the 37-year-old was also asked for his thoughts on the latest Endeavor and WWE deals.

According to the superstar, he hadn't paid much attention to stories outside of the ring, but stated that whoever was in charge of the wrestling organization was "lucky" to have him:

"I was busy smashing your favorite. So, I don't really know much about that. Today was busy day for me. Whatever happens, I'm sure they are all very lucky to have me. I know that much."

Catch the full press conference here:


Quick Links

Edited by Harvey Leonard
Be the first one to comment