UFC 244 doesn't even have a title fight but it has already shaped up to be one of the most anticipated fight cards of the year. Nate Diaz vs Jorge Masvidal has single-handedly managed to make it an event worth tuning into, but the main event for the soon-to-be minted 'BMF' title isn't the only contest you should look out for.
Tale of the tape
Arlovski has won just won one of his last five fights. The former UFC Heavyweight Champion last took on Ben Rothwell in July this year and notched up a unanimous decision victory.
Jair 'Bigi Boy' Rozenstruik has had two fights in the UFC and both have ended in knockout victories for the fighter from Suriname. He knocked out Allen Crowder in nine seconds in June and looks ready for a big step up in terms of competition.
Arlovski, who at one point in time was on a resurgent run in the heavyweight division, has won thrice in his last twelve Octagon outings and at 40 years old, is looking to script another run to the top of the division. A win against an undefeated fighter would go a long way in restoring The Pitbull's mangled reputation.
The UFC 244 card is stacked!
The addition of the big heavyweight clash between Arlovski and Rozenstruik makes the UFC 244 lineup look all the more solid on paper.
Here's how it looks thus far:
- Welterweight: Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz
- Middleweight: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
- Heavyweight: Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
- Light Heavyweight: Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
- Heavyweight: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Women's Flyweight: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
- Middleweight: Krzysztof Jotko vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Featherweight: Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu
- Welterweight: Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
- Welterweight: Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
We're sold! Are you?