Madrid, Nov 7 (IANS) Germany's Angelique Kerber continued to lead the rankings of the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) while Czech Petra Kvitova on Monday jumped to the 11th position after winning the title of the WTA Elite Trophy in China.
Kvitova was crowned with the title on Sunday after defeating Ukrainian Elina Svitolina 6-4, 6-2 in the final to clinch her second title this year after the Wuhan Open in September, reports Efe.
Kerber is followed by Serena Williams of the US in second place while Polish Agnieszka Radwanska and Romania's Simona Halep occupy the third and fourth places respectively.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are:
1. Angelique Kerber (Germany) 9.080 points
2. Serena Williams (US) 7.050
3. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland) 5.600
4. Simona Halep (Romania) 5.228
5. Dominika Cibulkova (Slovakia) 4.875
6. Karolina Pliskova (Czech republic) 4.600
7. Garbiñe Muguruza (Spain) 4.236
8. Madison Keys (US) 4.137
9. Svetlana Kuznetsova (Russia) 4.115
10. Johanna Konta (Britain) 3.640.