Valorant patch 2.08 official notes are finally here, and the update will be bringing in a new Act to the game.
Moreover, players will get to see some significant updates to the HRTF system, and audio clarity is something that the Valorant devs are focusing on this time around.
However, there won’t be any Agent updates in patch 2.08, but the update will boast a lot of changes to the competitive system.
Valorant fans looking for a detailed description of the patch can visit Riot’s official website.
However, for a brief overview, here are all the major highlights.
Valorant patch 2.08 official notes
#1. New Valorant map: Breeze
People have been looking forward to the new map, Breeze, for some time. Not only will it add more depth to the map pool, but it’s also one of the more open battlegrounds in Valorant so far.
It features lots of long sightlines, and plenty of space to spread your team out on attack and defense to try and conquer the beach paradise.
Riot is giving players a new, temporary playlist that will be a Breeze-only Unrated queue for two weeks to learn the map. After that, it’ll be enabled in Unrated and Ranked play — as well as for VCT Stage 2 Masters in May.
#2. Valorant Episode 2 Act 3 launch
The new Battlepass is launching with 50 tiers of rewards to grind towards. The Forsaken skin line – the dark side of the prestigious Sovereign one – is also being added to the shop.
No new Agent is coming with the Act launch though, a first for Valorant. Instead, they’ll be coming with Episode 3 in June 2021.
#3. HRTF audio upgrades
The Head Related Transfer Function (HRTF) audio setting is getting a much-needed update that will improve on the sound cues it picks up. When the 2.08 patch rolls around, HRTF will register weapon drop sounds when the feature is turned on. It was a highly requested addition, seeing as it’s an important sound cue to play attention to.
The Valorant developers also included a ton of bug fixes to Viper’s ability kit, as well as flash interactions with Astra and Brimstone’s smokes.
#4. Map Updates
- Breeze will launch alongside a Breeze-only Unrated queue that will remain active for two weeks
- More details on this queue can be found in the Competitive Updates section below.
#5. Competitive Updates
- Added a Breeze-only Unrated queue for those who want to grind our new map
- Breeze will also be available in the standard queues for Deathmatch, Spike Rush, and Escalation as well as Custom games.
- This queue will only be active for two weeks.
- During this two week period, Breeze will not be available in the standard Unrated or Competitive queues. Following this period, the Breeze-only queue will be disabled and Breeze will then become available in the existing Unrated and Competitive queues.
- Reminder! This is the last Act to work for your Episode 2 Rank Reward, awarded after the end of Act III
#6. Game System Updates
- Coach slots have been added to Tournament Mode Custom Games
- Coach slots Current Functionality:
- Coaches can spectate Tournament Mode games and are locked to observing the team chosen in the custom game lobby.
- Coaches cannot use Map Pings, Team Chat, or Voice Chat in-game.
- Coaches can use All Chat and Party Chat to allow for cases where they may need to communicate with a Tournament Moderator.
- Coaches can pause a match in cases where that functionality is allowed to players.
#7. Quality of Life
- We’ve heard your requests (and where they came from)! Weapon drop sounds have been added to HRTF.
- Reporter Feedback has been added into the game
- Warnings are now enabled for first-offenders who need to be reminded of the in-game code of conduct. No excuses for bad behavior now!
- Wild Rift players will now appear on the social panel
- Fixed Killjoy’s Turret and Alarmbot icons disappearing when disabled
- Fixed Astra and Brimstone’s smokes from blocking flashes even when you are not fully inside them
- Fixed Viper’s Toxic Screen going longer than intended when it passed through the teleporter on Bind
- Fixed Viper’s Poison Cloud pickup distance being 200 instead of the intended 400
- Improved performance of Astra’s Nebula VFX on low settings
- Fixed a bug where, in Spike Rush, picking up the weapon upgrade orb with the Operator equipped would cause you to lose your Operator and receive nothing to replace it
- Fixed a bug that was causing rank icons to disappear in Match History
- Fixed a bug that was causing Act Rank badges to show up on map loading screens in non-competitive modes