Possible Outcomes For WWE Backlash 2018
Full predictions for WWE Backlash
Dual branded pay-per-views will make a return as Superstars of both Raw and SmackDown are ready to share the stage at WWE Backlash.
The event is set to radiate from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on 6th May 2018. We are just a few days out of the Greatest Royal Rumble, and WWE will look to carry the momentum to Backlash.
The match card is set and looks quite intriguing, to say the least. The following are the matches confirmed for the event:
1. Seth Rollins (c) vs The Miz - Intercontinental Championship
2. Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe
3. Nia Jax (c) vs Alexa Bliss- Raw Women's Championship
4. Carmella (c) vs Charlotte - SmackDown Women's Championship
5. Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
6. Jeff Hardy (c) vs Randy Orton - United States Championship
7. Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley vs Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
8. AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura - WWE Championship
With that stated, let's check out the complete predictions for WWE Backlash 2018.
#8 Carmella Retains the SmackDown Women's Championship
Carmella became the new SmackDown Women's Champion on the post WrestleMania episode of SmackDown Live. She cashed in her money in the bank contract on Charlotte to win her maiden women's title.
Charlotte created history when she ended Asuka's undefeated streak at WrestleMania 34. But her celebrations didn't last too long as she lost her title on the following episode of SmackDown Live.
Charlotte was attacked by the new NXT call-ups Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. "The IIconics" laid waste to the queen and left her lying in the ring. Carmella would take advantage and cash in her contract to emerge as the brand new champion.
It seems the IIconics will be playing a vital role on SmackDown Live going forward. So expect them to interfere in the match and cost Charlotte the championship.