WWE 2K17: 5 Things you need to know
Another year, another WWE game. However, this one looks like it could be a game-changer. We got a special early hands-on look earlier this week and this game looks like it has the potential to be the best one since WWE SmackDown: Here Comes The Pain which is considered by many fans to be one of the best WWE games ever, if not the best.
WWE 2K15 was considered a major letdown amongst fans but last year’s edition, WWE 2K16, received a much more favourable review. With WWE 2K17, 2K Games have improved on all the major aspects of 2K16 and have added a few features that fans have been waiting for. Add to that a blockbuster roster and an updated gameplay engine, and we have a game which will look to set the bar as far as modern wrestling games are concerned.
We’ll have a full review of WWE 2K17 when it comes out but for now, here are 5 things you need to know about WWE 2K17.
5: One game, three editions
WWE 2K17 comes in 3 editions – the regular edition, the Digital Deluxe edition and the NXT edition.
The Regular version of the game gives the player access to two versions of Goldberg along with two WCW arenas.
- The Digital Deluxe edition comes with a host of extra features:
- - Two playable versions of Goldberg
- - Two WCW arenas
- - A digital copy of WWE 2K17
- - The full Season Pass and all future DLC
- - An exclusive theme (only available for PS4)
- - The NXT Legacy Pack (only available for PS3/Xbox 360)
- The final version is the NXT Edition and it’s the awesomest of the lot and the edition that I’m going to get myself. The NXT edition comes with:
- - Special Packaging
- - Physical copy of the game
- - Exclusive “Canvas2Canvas” lithograph autographed by Shinsuke Nakamura
- - 8-inch “Demon” Finn Balor figure
- - The Full Goldberg pack