WWE News: Brackets are revealed for the Mixed Match Challenge
Find out who will be matched up and who I predict will win it all!
What's the story?
The WWE recently posted a video on YouTube and their website where Cathy Kelley unveils the brackets for the upcoming WWE Mixed Match Challenge; which starts this Tuesday, January 16th. Check out the reveal below:
In case you didn't know...
The WWE Mixed Match Challenge features 12 teams who will compete under WWE mixed tag team rules (men v. men and women v. women) over the course of 12 weeks on Facebook Watch. Each episode will air live right after SmackDown Live every Tuesday with the winning team being granted $100k to give to their favourite charities.
The heart of the matter...
Each of the six first-round matches will feature a team from Monday Night Raw against a Team from SmackDown Live. On Wednesday, the final pairing was announced when "Miss Money In The Bank" Carmella will team with Big E (who won the fan vote among members of The New Day).
With 12 teams in this tournament, many were wondering how the bracket would look, and with this reveal, we got our answer. There will be a fan vote where the WWE Universe will get to pick their favourite of the nine teams who lost in either the first or last round to jump back into the tournament and automatically be in the semifinals.
Finn Balor and Sasha Banks will take on Shinsuke Nakamura and Natalya on the first episode in just a few days on January 16th.
Just like I love to do every March in college basketball, I am going to fill out my bracket for you here in the Author's take with whom I expect will win the WWE Mixed Match Challenge.
- Week 1 is tough to call, but I am going to go with Finn Balor and Sasha Banks
- Week 2 is a little easier, I'll go with The Miz and Asuka
- Week 3 seems like a lock for me that Braun Strowman and Alexa Bliss move on
- For Weeks 4 & 5, I will go with the married couples to advance
- Week 6 is a lock for me with Bobby Roode and Charlotte Flair Advancing
In the second round:
- Week 7 is going to be a battle, could be the match of the tournament, but Miz & Asuka advance
- Week 8 will not be kind for the married couple of Jimmy Uso and Naomi as they run into Alexa Bliss and Braun Strowman
- Week 9 is also not going to be kind for the married couple of Lana and Rusev as I will have Bobby Roode and Charlotte Flair moving on.
In the semifinals:
- Miz and Asuka move on thanks to Miz avoiding Strowman and Asuka pinning Bliss
- I think the fan vote is going to be Balor and Banks, but it is not going to matter as Roode and Charlotte move onto the finals.
In the finals, I will predict the robe wearing duo of Bobby Roode and Charlotte Flair to win the WWE Mixed Match Challenge over The Miz and Asuka. I think Asuka is going to get every win for their team; while in the finals, Miz tags himself into a Glorious DDT.