Write & Earn
Notifications

WWE News: Tye Dillinger says he will be watching AJ Styles vs Corbin closely at Hell in a Cell

"The Perfect 10" claims that he will be keeping a close eye on the US Title match at Hell in Cell.


Tye Dillinger
Tye Dillinger is keen for the Styles-Corbin bout

What’s the story?

After his win against Baron Corbin on this week’s episode of Smackdown Live, Tye Dillinger had a message for both Corbin and AJ Styles. “The Perfect 10” claimed that he will be watching Styles and Corbin’s match this Sunday “very closely”.

In case you didn’t know…

Tye Dillinger has been recently inserted into the US Title picture, along with Baron Corbin. Dillinger first answered AJ Styles’ US Open challenge back in August but failed to capture the title due to interference from “The Lone Wolf”.

Back in September, Styles decided to grant another title shot to Dillinger on an episode of Smackdown Live, but despite a valiant effort Dillinger failed to capture the US Title after he tapped out to the Calf Crusher.

After the match, Corbin decided to put up a beatdown on both AJ and Tye, and a few weeks later defeated Dillinger in a match to become the No. 1 contender to the US Title at Hell in a Cell.

The heart of the matter

On this week’s episode of Smackdown Live, Tye Dillinger went one-on-one with Baron Corbin once again and finally managed to pick up a win, after getting a small package pinfall win. After the match, Dillinger was interviewed backstage by Dasha Fuentes, where he said that this win against Corbin was the biggest of his career so far.

Dillinger also added that if he had faced Styles at Hell in a Cell, 2017 instead of Corbin, then AJ would have witnessed the best of Tye Dillinger and it would have been a fair match.

However, Dillinger made it clear that he will be watching the bout between Styles and Corbin very closely, meaning that he will come after the US title sooner rather than later.

What’s next?

It was speculated that the match between Styles and Corbin at Hell in a Cell, would be a triple threat as WWE was planning to add Dillinger into the mix. It looks like WWE has dropped that idea for the meantime, and will go with the one-on-one match between “The Phenomenal One” and “The Lone Wolf”.

Although things are pretty clear that Dillinger will be next in line for a shot at AJ Styles’ championship, plans might change once again and we might eventually witness a triple threat between the three men in the near future.

Author’s take

I think the best decision from here would be for AJ to retain the championship against Corbin at Hell in a Cell and then defending his title at the next PPV in a triple threat.

I think it is about time for WWE to start pushing Dillinger and putting the US Title on him. Meanwhile, AJ can return to the main-event picture because almost every fan wants to see him win the WWE title once again.

Fetching more content...