Top 10 CM Punk quotes
Listing the top 10 CM Punk quotes.
CM Punk is extremely famous for hogging the limelight not only with his skills inside the ring, but also with his ability to use the mic as a pipe bomb. Throughout his career, he has made a name for himself by expressing his thoughts frankly on the mic, and it is for this reason he is often called ‘The Voice of the Voiceless’.
Here is a list of the top 10 CM Punk quotes over the years:
1. “I do it every Monday.”
– When told by a reporter that he hadn’t seen CM punk doing any acting, at Wizard World Comic Con on 24th Jan, 2014.
2. “I am the best wrestler in the world. I’ve been the best ever since day one when I walked into this company, and I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar, and he split just like I’m splitting, but the biggest difference between me and Brock is I’m going to leave with the WWE Championship.”
– WWE Monday Night Raw, June 27, 2011.
3. “Doubt f*&#@s everything. Take a foundation, no matter how strong, sprinkle generously with doubt, and watch it crumble. Me? I’m unf*&#withable. Not this knee, not bad weather, and certainly not the many men that wish bad intentions on me can stop me. I rise up, not like a phoenix, but like the zombie corpse of Dick Murdoch. This brainbuster is for you.”
– WWE Monday Night Raw, February 21, 2011.
4. “I really hope that the symbolism isn’t lost on you four superstars in the chamber right now, because it’s killing me. Here’s four extremely weak individuals that, every day, are locked inside a prison of addiction, like most of these people here today; and now, the four of you are locked inside the Elimination Chamber with me. And be sure, it’s not me locked in here with you — it’s you locked in here with me. And tomorrow morning, when you’re nursing the pain and the wounds that this chamber and myself have caused you, I want you to remember that when your pod door opens and you came out and I defeated you, don’t think of it as failure. Think of it as me saving you. [Standing over Rey Mysterio's pod] Think of it as me setting you free. I’m gonna prove to the world that straight-edge means I’m better than you!”
– Elimination Chamber, February 21, 2010.
5. “I stand here on my own two feet, and I stand here defiant. I stand here confident. This is my house, and I run from nobody. Not any of you, not somebody that’s a foot taller, not somebody that outweighs me by 250 pounds. Tonight, I am David. And Big Show, he can be Goliath. And my slingshot is the power of almighty Straight-edge!”
– Night of Champions, September 19, 2010.
6. “I hear you guys all the time talking about Daniel Bryan, trained by Shawn Michaels. One curious thing to me is, how come you guys never mention William Regal? William Regal did the real work with this young man. Shawn Michaels took $3,000 from him, that’s all HE ever did.”
– WWE Monday Night Raw, October 25, 2010.
7. “The only thing I took advantage of at Extreme Rules was an opportunity to cash in my Money in the Bank contract, which I did successfully, well within the rules. You know, Jeff knows this, you know this, the fans know this: nowhere on that contract does it say, under any circumstances, ‘Do not cash in on Jeff Hardy.’”
– Answering Josh Mathews’ question addressing fan perception that he took advantage of a vulnerable Jeff Hardy and stole the World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules by cashing in his contract, June 19, 2009.
8. “You know, there’s one other thing I don’t do, Vince. I don’t have dirty, unprotected sex with some money grubbing skank who eventually files a paternity suit against me, which gets me kicked out of my own house and leaves me nothing but a living, breathing national disgrace.”
– To Vince McMahon when he said there was no way Punk could be his illegitimate son because of Punk being straight edge, at Extreme Championship WrestlinG, August 21, 2007.
9. “People like to come up to me and tell me that I’ve got nice ink. Except these tattoos aren’t just decorations. They are declarations. Every tattoo I have tells its own story about who I am. Drug-free. Honour. And a war against the system. See I’m not some punk kid looking for the next thrill. I’m a highly disciplined athelete, craving to compete with the very best. My obsession is competiton and my addiction is wrestling. My name is C…M… Punk.”
– Extreme Championship Wrestling, July 11th, 2006.
10. “Don’t let these tattoos fool you. I’m straight edge. I’m a man of great discipline; I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, I don’t do drugs… my addiction is wrestling – my obsession is competition. Discipline. My name is C…M…Punk.”
– Extreme Championship Wrestling. July 4th, 2006; this was Punk’s debut on ECW television.
And here’s a bonus one, which came about as he was discussing his future in an interview with Slam! Sports on June 6th, 2005, in reference to Triple H and his status in WWE. During this period, Punk was at ROH and was about to sign a contract with WWE.
“Anybody wants to call me the Triple H of Ring of Honor, I think that’s hilarious. I would prefer to call Triple H the CM Punk of the WWE.”