Border-Gavaskar Trophy: 3rd Test, Day 2 - Stats of the day
Interesting facts from Day 2 of 3rd Test for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy:
1. Since this will be counted as 4 day match, the follow on target will be 150 instead of usual 200.
2. Shikhar Dhawan is the 277th Test player for India.
3. Most stumping by keepers in Tests: Oldfield 52, Evans 46, Kirmani 38, Gilchrist 37, Dhoni 33.
4. The 139-run opening partnership between Ed Cowan and David Warner is Australia’s highest for the first wicket in a Test match in India. They went pass the 136 between Matthew Hayden and Justin Langer in Chennai in 2004.
5. Both Cowan (86) and Warner (71) reached their highest individual scores in Tests away from home.
6. For the first time as a captain, Michael Clarke was dismissed for a golden duck in Tests. Ricky Ponting has suffered this fate four times, and Greg Chappell five. All in all, it was the 20th such instance for an Australian captain.
7. Phillip Hughes has scored 8 runs from 82 balls against spinners in this series, and been dismissed five times. That gives him an average of 1.60, and a scoring rate of 0.58 runs per over against spin.
8. Ishant hit the stumps more number of times in 3 balls in this innings than he had in his previous 496 overs (14-and-a-bit Tests) since bowling out Trott at Lord’s.