ICC World Cup: New Zealand vs England - Hilarious tweets of the match
The 9th game of the 2015 ICC World Cup will be remembered for a massacre. England won the toss, chose to bat first, and were bundled out for 123.
If that was not humilating enough, Brendon McCullum came on to demolish whatever little spirit left in the England camp, scoring the fastest 50 in the World Cup history, bettering his own record of 20 by 2 balls.
Here's how the Twitter world reacted to the carnage!
?1. The story of all England horror shows! (Original Tweet)
2. Who’s the minnow now!?
3. There’s humour in pain too.
4. McCullum just wanted to get it over with.
5. It was so surreal!
6. New Zealand have found a new day to celebrate; England, a new reason to sit home and sulk.
7. This match may have adverse effects on youngsters.
8. Even made up rules of Gully cricket may not have saved England today.
9. The best advice for England came from the great legend himself:
10. With New Zealand needing 12 runs to win, the umpires decided it was in cricket’s best interest to take an innings break!
11. And then there’ll always be Morgan, who made the switch
12. The rate at which McCullum was going....
13. Seems legit...
14. It’s not hard to take offence at this cricket
16. When England cricket died... again.