I have taken Indian bowlers down: David Warner
Australian opener David Warner said on Sunday that there is no bowler in the World Cup who he fears, and cast his treatment of Indian bowlers as proof of the confidence he can lay claim to. The 28-year-old told the Sydney Morning Herald, “If I'm striking at 80 in Test cricket I don't need to go any harder in white ball cricket.”
Asked on whether the Indian bowlers had given him trouble in the Test series, Warner said, "I'll be arrogant and say I have taken most of them down."
Saying that his style of play is more suited to limited overs cricket, he said, “Last year I played Twenty20 cricket and then came back out and batted like a cowboy in the Boxing Day Test. It was my thinking that I want to hit every ball out of the park."
Tri-series ideal preparation for World Cup: Warner
Warner has posted 3 centuries in the 4-match Test series, and Indian bowlers will again be put to the test when the two teams meet in a 50-over match on January 18.
Warner said that the tri-series also involving England and India will be ideal preparation for the 2015 World Cup, which event will be hosted by Australia after 23 years.
“There’s one thing I need to keep working on, knowing I don't have to hit boundaries from ball one. I can really get myself into the innings and I think that's what I have learned over the last 18-24 months.”