The Overwatch 2 experience hasn’t exactly been great for many players because of the number of bugs and gameplay issues that the shooter has been facing since the very first day of its launch.
The title has been marred by glitches and abysmally long queue times, making many quite frustrated with the current state of the shooter.
One of the most annoying and persistent issues that fans are facing at the moment is a glitch that is making their aim feel quite off in the Blizzard Entertainment-developed title.
The community has suggested that this has something to do with Overwatch 2 servers themselves and how problems with them have been causing issues with settings in the game.
It’s one of the most annoying problems players face in Overwatch 2. Hence, today’s guide will specifically go over some steps that players can employ to fix the “aim feeling off or floaty” error in both PC and console.
Fixing the “aim feeling off or floaty” error in Overwatch 2
As mentioned, the “aim feeling off or floaty” glitch in Overwatch 2 has something to do with the servers messing with the in-game settings. Therefore, the steps listed below will involve tweaking some of the in-game settings in the game.
1) Fixing the “aim feeling off or floaty” glitch on PC
When it comes to PC users, players will be required to,
- Make their way to the options menu in Overwatch 2 and then select the video tab. Here the first thing they will be required to do is turn off the Dynamic Render Scale.
- After this, they will need to enable NVIDIA Reflex and make their way to the Controls tab. Here, in Advanced controller settings, players will be required to disable Aim Smoothing, which is what is causing the issue in the game.
- Players must then make their way to the Gameplay tab and turn on High Precision Mouse Input. Then making their way to Accessibility, they must set Camera Shake to “Reduce” and turn the HUD Shake off.
Once the settings have been tweaked, Overwatch 2 PC players will find that aiming in the game feels much better and more natural. Aim Smoothing is one of the biggest culprits that causes the issue in the game, along with server errors, bugs, and glitches.
2) Fixing the “aim feeling off or floaty” glitch on consoles
Console users can invest in the following steps to solve the issue in the FPS title:
- Make their way to the game menu and select the Video tab. Now navigate to the Display option settings. Here players must set their Preferred Mode to “Framerate” from “Resolution.”
- Then making their way to the Accessibility tab, they will be required to set Camera Shake to “Reduced” and completely switch off HUD Shake.
The changes for console players are rather simple, and after conducting the above steps, players will notice a significant improvement in their aim.