Write & Earn
Notifications

Bayern Munich did not get Real Madrid banned, says CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge quashed rumours that his club had a say in Real Madrid's transfer ban.

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge dismissed rumours that they had a say in Madrid's ban

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has rubbished talks that his club had anything to do with the transfer ban imposed on Spanish giants, Real Madrid, report ESPN. Real Madrid and city rivals, Atletico Madrid have been banned from registering any players in the next two transfer windows: summer of 2016 and the winter of 2017.

Reports surfaced in the past few days that Bayern Munich had a say in ensuring Real Madrid were hit with this ban, however, Rummenigge dismisses such silly talk. "Bayern have nothing to do with this," he told AS. "This rumour is simply not true. As is well known, the relationship between the two clubs is very good." 

FIFA's disciplinary committee said both the Madrid clubs had "violated several provisions concerning the international transfer and first registration" of players under 18 years of age. One such instance came to light this week when the parents of a Real Madrid youth said the club had avoided them 'like a sickness' ever since FIFA came investigating. 

Speaking on the issue last week, current Real Madrid manager, Zinedine Zidane, said the ban was 'absurd' and that it was not something that was going to bother him or his team. 

"I feel a little annoyed, there are things that are very difficult to accept and which are absurd but I can't let it affect me. Next week everything is going to be resolved. It doesn't make any sense. It's an error. What's important now is to talk about the football."

Real Madrid travel to Real Betis on Sunday night for their La Liga game. Los Blancos are two points behind second-placed Barcelona but have played a game more than the Catalans. 

Fetching more content...