EPL stats preview: Matchweek 2 – Fulham vs Arsenal
In 2008, the last time these two teams met at Craven Cottage on the second week of the season, Arsenal lost 1-0 to the hosts thanks to a Brede Hangeland goal.
This time around, though, Arsene Wenger will be hoping to avoid a repeat as they look to bounce back in the Premier League following a meek surrender to Paul Lambert’s Aston Villa team at home on the opening day of the season.
On the other hand, Martin Jol’s Fulham team started on a winning note with Pajtim Kasami scoring the only goal at the Stadium of Light as they defeated Sunderland 1-0.
Let’s have a look at what stats have to offer for Fulham vs Arsenal
- Arsenal have won their last 5 away matches in the Premier League.
- Three of the last five meetings between Arsenal and Fulham in all competitions have ended in a draw.
- The fixture is notorious for the red cards. There have been 4 red cards in the last 3 meetings between these two teams.
- Arsenal have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 away matches in the Premier League.
- Arsenal have won on 8 of their 12 trips to Craven Cottage since Fulham were promoted to the Premier League.
- Fulham have lost their last 4 home matches in the Premier League.
- The last time Fulham started a campaign with two wins in a row was in 2000-01. That year, in their quest for promotion to the Premier League, they won the opening 11 fixtures in a row.
- Fulham haven’t lost their opening home game of the season since the 2009-10 campaign when the lost 2-0 to Chelsea.
- Martin Jol’s men have scored six of their last eight goals in the second half of matches.
- Darren Bent has scored 7 goals in his last 11 matches against Arsenal.Published 24 Aug 2013, 14:15 IST