EPL stats preview: Matchweek 3 - Manchester City vs Hull City
Hull, on the other hand, come into the match riding on the back of an inspiring victory over Norwich last weekend, and will be keen to emulate their fellow promoted team, Cardiff City. Serbian defender Matija Nastasic may feature in the game after sitting out in the defeat to Cardiff.
Let’s have a look at what stats have to offer for Manchester City vs Hull City.
- Manchester City are undefeated in 36 of their last 38 home matches in the Premier League.
- Manchester City have kept a clean sheet in 5 of their last 7 home matches in the Premier League.
- Manchester City have scored a minimum of 2 goals in 8 of their last 10 home matches in the Premier League.
- Manchester City and Hull City have met on four occasions in the Premier League – each club has one win apiece, while the remaining two matches were drawn.
- Manchester City conceded twice from corners in their loss at Cardiff last week. They only conceded six times from corners throughout the whole of last season.
- Manchester City only lost one game from a leading position last season (Tottenham away).
- Hull have only won away at Manchester City once in 11 games across all competitions. That was a 2-1 win at Maine Road in the fifth round of the FA Cup – in 1930.
- Last weekend against Norwich, Yannick Sagbo received Hull’s fastest-ever Premier League red card. They have now collected five red cards in their last 15 Premier League games.