EPL stats preview: Matchweek 6 - Aston Villa vs Manchester City
Aston Villa started their Premier League campaign with 3-1 victory over Arsenal. Although they displayed impressive game in quite a few matches, they could not produce fruitful results. They are currently placed at the 13th position with just 6 points.
Manchester City on the other hand have produced satisfactory results so far. They have secured 10 points and are currently placed at the 3rd position. After faltering in their second game of the season against league new comers Cardiff City. The Citizens will be high on confidence after they thrashed arch-rivals, Manchester United, 4-1 last week.
Manuel Pellegrini would look forward to secure yet another 3 points and stay at the top half of the table.
Let’s have a look at what stats have to offer for Aston Villa vs Manchester City
- Manchester City have won the corresponding fixture 1-0 in each of the last two seasons. They have registered 18 Premier League victories against Aston Villa, more than against any other team.
- Villa have lost their last four league matches against City and their only win in the last nine meetings came courtesy of Darren Bent‘s debut winner at Villa Park in January 2011 (W1, D1, L7).
- Villa have won just one and lost five of their last seven home league matches, a run that began with the 1-0 defeat by Manchester City in March. They have only earned 11 points from a possible 42 at Villa Park since December (W3, D2, L9).
- They have not lost their first three top-flight home matches since 1946.
- City are the division’s leading scorers with 12 goals following the 4-1 derby win over Manchester United.
- Manuel Pellegrini’s side have only taken one point from their first two Premier League away fixtures this season. City have only won three of their last 10 away fixtures (W3, D3, L4).
- They have kept a Premier League-high 21 clean sheets since the start of last season.
- City have conceded only one first-half goal in their last 14 league matches, scored by Anthony Pilkington in Norwich City’s 3-2 away win in May.Published 28 Sep 2013, 16:16 IST