Real Madrid Transfer Rumours: Bayern Munich reject €65 million David Alaba bid from Real Madrid
Bayern Munich have rejected a mammoth €65 million bid from Real Madrid for David Alaba, report AS. The Spanish giants targeted the 24-year-old earlier this month after it became apparent that Paul Pobga – their primary target – was hell bent on a move back to Manchester United.
Alaba – one of the most sought after players in the transfer market – has been on Real Madrid's radar for a while; This is the second bid from Madrid that's been rejected – the first around the region of €50 million. The report further states that the club didn't reject the offer until only Friday earlier this week.
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Bayern Munich's president, contacted David Alaba's representatives that the club had rejected Real Madrid's offer insisting that he was to be a part of Carlo Ancelotti's plans for the forthcoming Bundesliga season.
While David Alaba is not pushing for the move himself, it is claimed that the Bavarian club would be tempted with a bid in the region of €80 million – a sum Real Madrid may cough up this summer. Zinedine Zidane has only bought in one player this window in Alvaro Morata – thanks to his buyback clause.
The club are said to be actively looking out for further reinforcements having lost out on Andre Gomes to arch-rivals Barcelona earlier this month. Zidane is on the lookout for a midfielder, a centre-back and a full-back to add to his star-studded line-up this year.
Aaron Ramsey, Marco Verratti are said to be targets for the Madrid giants but neither of them have shown any glimpse of wanting to leave their current clubs with the latter of the two also agreeing to a new long-term contract with Paris Saint-Germain.
Cristiano Ronaldo, meanwhile, is close to signing a contract extension with the club having been subject to verifiable interest from former club Manchester United and French giants, Paris Saint-Germain.