Stat-attack from the Premier League weekend
- Manchester United have gained 12 points from losing positions in this season – more than any other side in the Premier League.
- No player in Premier League history has scored more substitute goals away from home than Javier Hernández. The brace at Villa Park takes his tally to 9 away goals from the bench.
- Manchester United have come from two goals down to win on seven different occasions in the Premier League, with six of them away from home.
- With a cracking performance this weekend, Andreas Weimann becomes the only Aston Villa player to have scored a Premier League brace against Manchester United.
- A whopping 60% of the goals conceded by Manchester City this season have been from a set-piece situation. It’s the highest share of set-piece goals conceded by any side in the league this season.
- Manchester City have scored 8 league goals in the last 15 minutes of their Premier League games this season.
- Manchester City is the only remaining unbeaten team in the Premier League. Add that to their formidable home record with 28 wins in their last 30 games and you could understand how difficult it will be for other sides to snatch the title away from the Etihad Stadium.
- Winning against the sides from the top-half of the table has always been immensely difficult for the Spurs side in recent years. AVB’s lads have managed to clinch only 4 out of the possible 15 points against the top ten sides this season.
- There have been over 2.5 goals in the last five away games Tottenham have played in the Premier League this season.
- With another goal this weekend, Luis Suarez raises his tally to 8 goals in this league season. The rest of the Liverpool side have only managed a paltry sum of six goals this season.
- Steven Gerrard made his 600th appearance for Liverpool in the game, moving him to tenth in their all time appearances ranking.
- Fulham have dropped 14 points from winning positions this season – more than any other team in the competition.
- Dimitar Berbatov, who had a terrific outing at the Emirates Stadium, has been a part of 8 of the 24 goals Fulham have scored in this League season.
- Everton have hit the woodwork a league-high 11 times this campaign, while Sunderland are the only side yet to hit it.
- Everton have gone behind on 6 ocassions this season, yet have managed to stay unbeaten in each of those games this season.
- The game marked David Moyes’ 400 appearances as a Premier League manager for Everton. Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Harry Redknapp are the only other managers to hold this distinction.
Kevin Friend has by far been the most entertaining referee this season. The referee who was in-charge this weekend in the game between Manchester United and Aston Villa almost guarantees goals in every single game he has officiated – So a 3-2 scoreline was something expected at the Villa Park.
The ref has been a part of..
A 3-2 win for Man City in the Community Shield
3-2 for United against Fulham
Arsenal‘s 6-1 thrashing of Southampton
A 4-1 win for Nottingham Forest at Barnsley
And, that famous 7-5 between Reading and Arsenal in the League Cup.
Another interesting stat about this ref from Leicestershire is that he has only officiated two Manchester United games in his career – both ending with a 3-2 scoreline in favour of the United side.
Did you like our stats compilation? Stay tuned for more numbers during this Premier League season.