The reality is that Chelsea are cruising while opponents on Sunday have been tottering since their win over Manchester City on Premier League matchday one.
The London derby between the two sides on Sunday could be a real test for Tottenham Hotspur. After limping to 1-0 victories over Wolves and Watford, Spurs were played out of Selhurst Park by Crystal Palace in their latest outing in the Premier League.
The 2-2 draw against Stade Rennais in the Europa League in midweek couldn't have done much for their confidence either.
Meanwhile, Chelsea beat Aston Villa 3-0 last weekend before getting the better of Zenit St. Petersburg in their Champions League campaign opener.
The Blues look as well-rounded a unit as they did in the closing stages of last season and will fancy their chances against Spurs on Sunday.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In the last 10 meetings between the two sides, Chelsea have won five. Tottenham Hotspur have won four while one match has ended as a draw.
- Tottenham Hotspur have conceded 103 goals against Chelsea, the most they have against any opposition in the Premier League.
- Chelsea will be looking to make it three successive away wins against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
- Chelsea have won all of their last five away London derbies in the league.
- Chelsea have conceded just one goal in five matches across all competitions this season, and that came from a penalty.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea Prediction
Although Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are only separated by a point in the Premier League table, the trajectories they are on are vastly different. Spurs have been fortunate to muster all three points against Wolves and Watford. Harry Kane's poor form has been a cause for concern for Nuno Espirito Santo.
But their opening day win over reigning Premier League champions Manchester City is testament to the fact that they are capable of securing an upset. However, Chelsea have become one of the best sides in Europe over the course of this year while Spurs are very much in a transitional period.
Going by how formidable their defense has been and how potent their attack looks, Chelsea ought to be able to get a win over their rivals on Sunday.
Prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 0-2 Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea Betting Tips
Tip 1 - Result: Chelsea
Tip 2 - Both teams to score - NO (Tottenham have scored only three goals in four games while Chelsea have been defensively solid under Thomas Tuchel)
Tip 3 - Romelu Lukaku to score anytime - YES
Also ReadArticle Continues below
Tip 4 - Harry Kane with more than 2 shots on target - NO (Kane has only registered two shots in the Premier League this season and is struggling for form at the moment)