Welcome to our daily transfer rumours round-up. Today’s big news comes from Stamford Bridge where Chelsea are confident of completing their third summer signing following an official £43million bid.
Elsewhere, Manchester United are ready to offer Marcos Rojo in an exchange deal to sign Jose Mourinho’s priority target this week. On that note, here are the most popular transfer news and rumours doing the rounds on August 17th.
- Juan Cuadrado’s return to Juventus is expected to be completed this week after Sky Italia reported a story of Cuadrado’s agent being in London to negotiate a deal with Chelsea. The Colombian International spent last season on loan in Turin and is yet to be guaranteed any first team action by the new maanger Antonio Conte.
- Simone Zaza’s move to Wolfsburg appears to be on the verge of collapse, as the Bundesliga club can’t agree a fee with Juventus. Calciomercato are convinced that the talks have stalled as Wolfsburg are not ready to increase their offer. Zaza is currently in Germany and is waiting for the verdict of negotiations between the two clubs.
- Sebastien De Maio is on the verge of moving to Fiorentina from Anderlecht, according to reports. The French centre-back only left Genoa in July of this year, but looks set for a quick return to Italy. As per the reports from Gianluca Di Marzio, De Maio is expected to arrive in Florence later today to complete his transfer.
- Bayern Munich forward Kingsley Coman wants to be reunited with his former teammate Paul Pogba. Speaking with Bild, Coman said: “If I could choose a player, I would like to have Pogba for Bayern. This would be fantastic. He is unbelievable abilities and is a fantastic midfielder.” Pogba recently completed a £91million transfer to Manchester United.
- Arsenal have launched a £14m bid for Bayer Leverkusen defender Omer Toprak, with a move for Valencia's Shkodran Mustafi seemingly going nowhere. According to Daily Star, Wenger has lost hopes of bringing Mustafi to Emirates and sees Toprak as the ideal defensive signing this summer.
- Hertha Berlin have confirmed they are interested in signing Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry on loan. Speaking with Bild, Hertha coach Pal Dardai said: "Serge exactly meets our search parameters. Let's see what will happen in the next couple of days."
- Manchester United are prepared to offer Marcos Rojo in an exchange to deal to sign Jose Fonte from Southampton, according to Daily Mail. Jose Mourinho is keen to get rid of Rojo this summer with Fonte being his number one defensive target. Rojo’s United career never took off and it could come to a premature end with Fonte’s £11million arrival.
- Chelsea have submitted an improved £43m bid for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly as Antonio Conte closes-in on making his third signing of the summer, according to reports from Daily Star. Conte is desperate to sign a new defender this summer with Koulibaly emerging as the key target. Napoli have previously rejected two bids from The Blues but could be tempted to sell him in coming weeks.
- Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart is open to the idea of moving abroad if it means to play first-team football this season. Sky Sports understands that Pep Guardiola has made up his mind of axing Hart from his team and the England International is eager to seal a move away from The Etihad before the end of transfer window.
- Valencia have signed Spanish midfielder Mario Suarez on a season-long loan from Watford. The former Atletico Madrid star struggled in Premier League last season and expressed his delight at moving back to Spain. In his first interview for Valencia, Suarez said: "I am very grateful for returning to La Liga, to a great side. Hopefully I can be here a lot of years at Valencia, it is what I want."
- Barcelona have expressed an interest in signing West Brom striker Salomon Rondon as a back up option to Luis Suarez, according to Mundo Deportivo. The report claims that Rondon’s physical aspect of the game has attracted Barcelona, who see Rondon as a potential Plan B.
- Zinedine Zidane insists he has no intention of letting James Rodriguez leave Real Madrid amid claims he could be sold to Chelsea or Arsenal for £65million.
While speaking with French media, Zidane said: “James is here, I am happy with how he played and he will be staying here.”
Rest of Europe
- Crystal Palace are lining up an £8m move for Nottingham Forest’s Oliver Burke according to a report from The Mirror. The 19-year old broke in to Forest’s first team last season and has impressed ever since. Palace see Burke as a potential replacement to Yannick Bolasie who joined Everton earier this week.
- Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers are readying bids for Preston North End captain Tom Clarke, the Daily Mail reports.The Owls need a defensive signing this summer after skipper Glenn Loovens is set to miss the start of new season due to an injury.Published 17 Aug 2016, 20:53 IST