Wilfried Bony will be wasted at Manchester City: Swansea chief
London, Jan 26 Swansea City AFC director John van Zweden Monday said former striker Wilfried Bony will be wasted at new side Manchester City, as he will just sit on the bench.
Bony sealed a 28 million pounds move to City from the south Wales side earlier this month, and while Van Zweden admits the 26-year-old's departure is a huge loss to Garry Monk's side, he thinks the Ivory Coast star will play second fiddle to Sergio Aguero and Co at the Etihad Stadium, reports dailymail.co.uk.
"We will miss the goals from Wilfried Bony a lot. The most frustrating thing is that he will sit on the Manchester City bench," Van Zweden said.
"Sergio Aguero remains their main striker. I'd personally love Wilfried to be at the heart of a top club like City."
Van Zweden also believes the highly-rated forward was bought by City cheaply, despite his huge price tag.
"If Manchester United were able to get as much as they did for Luke Shaw, then the money we have paid for Bony, the Premier League's top scorer in 2014, is still on the very low side."
Bony could make his debut for City in the top-of-the-table clash with Chelsea this Saturday, if his national team crashes out of the Africa Cup of Nations with defeat against Cameroon on Wednesday.