Garena and 111dots Studio, the developers of Free Fire, periodically release updates for the game. Before the OB28 update rolls out today, players can take a look at the new features that the update is bringing in.
Free Fire OB28 Update: BR Mode changes
Battle Royale (BR) mode of Free Fire is extremely popular. The revival system in the OB28 update will receive a major overhaul, along with changes in the rank point adjustment. Players will get to see the following changes:
- Battle Royale matches will have optimized loot on the ground.
- The purchase limit for certain items will be increased.
- The time taken to capture the revival point will be increased from 14 seconds to 33 seconds.
- Revival point cooldown will be increased from 150 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Revival points per game will be decreased from 9 seconds to 8 seconds.
- The total output rating score for each match will be increased for all levels.
Free Fire OB28 Update: Ice Grenade
Ice Grenades will be available in BR mode and the Clash Squad mode of Free Fire. The following specifications for this new weapon have been revealed:
- Explosion Damage: 100
- Explosion radius: 5 meters
- Ice frost radius: 5 meters
- Ice frost duration: 10 seconds
- Players inside the frost zone will have reduce movement speed by 10%, fire rate by 20%. Also they will inflict 5-10 damage/s.
Free Fire OB28 Update: New character
A brand new character, D-Bee is being introduced in Free Fire's OB28 update. His ability is called Bullet Beats. When the character fires while moving, his movement speed is increase by 5% and accuracy is increased by 10% in the base level. At the maximum level, movement speed is increase by 15% and accuracy is increased by 35%.
Free Fire OB28 Update: Other improvements
Here are a few other improvements that the OB28 update will bring in:
- A new pet, Dr Beanie, is being introduced. Its skill is Dashy Duckwalk, which increases the movement speed by 30% (base level) to 60% (maximum level) when in a crouching position.
- The abilities of three characters, Paloma, Clu and Laura, will be getting some minor changes.
- The new weapon Mini UI will be available in BR mode and Clash Squad mode. The weapon statistic for M1917, Kord, M60, and Kar98K will be tweaked.
- In-game voice commands will be available.
- The animations for Katana will be optimized.
- Players will have the option to display their rank.