Transfer news and rumours of the day: 28 January 2016
Dybala, Neymar, Isco linked with moves away from their respective clubs and much more
Will Jamie Vardy leave Leicester City?With the January transfer window reaching its final stages, clubs are frantically running around trying to sign players who can help their cause. A mid-season transfer window is never the best time to sign quality players due to their inflated prices. However, it can also work spectacularly if a club manages to sign a player who will really make a difference in their fortunes.Most deals usually take place on the deadline day but the foundation for these deals are usually laid in the days prior. Plenty of rumours across the European league were floating about today. We take a look at all the major stories.
#1 Serie A
– Barcelona winger Cristian Tello has agreed to join Fiorentina on a six-month loan deal. Tello who had a couple of successful seasons at Porto will be looking to make an instant impact for the Italian team who are still in the race for the Scudetto.
– Former Roma and Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole has signed for MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy following a largely unsuccessful 18-month stint at Roma. The left-back will now look forward to combining with countryman Steven Gerrard.
– Rumours for Paulo Dybala refuse to die down with fresh reports suggesting Barcelona are looking at him as their prime target in the summer. Dybala has already shown interest in teaming up with 5-time Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi.
– Another forgotten Roma man Gervinho has signed for Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune. Gervinho is the latest high-profile name to move to the Chinese Super League following the transfer of Ramires to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning.
– Alexandre Pato who is about to complete his signing for Chelsea is reportedly a summer target for former club AC Milan. Milan will assess his performance in the Premier League before making a bid.