AEW cancels title match on Dynamite homecoming episode; confirms 2 others
In a surprising twist, it looks like the AEW Dynamite Homecoming Edition will no longer feature Kris Statlander. AEW, on their official Twitter account, confirmed the news and stated that Statlander had prior commitments and couldn't make the date.
Statlander was supposed to face Riho for the AEW Women's Championship on 1 January 2020 but her match is being shifted to 8 January 2020. She will now face the winner of the 4-way match between Riho, Nyla Rose, Britt Baker and Hikaru Shida.
Fightful is also reporting that Statlander is actually wrestling Gisele Shaw for Bar Wrestling on the same night. While that is unfortunate, it looks like the crowd in Jacksonville are going to be treated to an exhibition of strength, stealth and agility.
Here are the matches and wrestlers confirmed so far for the AEW Dynamite Homecoming episode in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Cody Rhodes vs Darby Allin
- Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks vs The Lucha Bros and PAC
- Jon Moxley will answer if he will accept Chris Jericho's offer to The Inner Circle
- MJF will also be appearing with Wardlow in tow
- Former WWE Superstar Taz will also be making a special appearance
Stay tuned for more developments as the date of Homecoming gets closer.Published 28 Dec 2019, 01:22 IST