WWE News: John Cena talks about the Draft
Will SmackDown beat Raw again?
News 30 Jul 2016, 16:08 IST
The 15 time WWE World Champion, John Cena was the guest in the latest edition of Michael Cole’s sitdown interview in WWE.com. Below are some highlights of that interview, provided by wrestlinginc.com :
- Cole asked about John Cena’s reaction at not being the first Draft pick of 2016.
- In reply, he cited his busy schedule and that he is trying to do everything at once. He clarified that he's fine with not being the first draft pick. Cena also reminded that he wasn't the first pick, back in 2002 and that back then, he didn't care if he got picked last.
- Cena firmly believes that his non-WWE work will help him to bring more audience for SmackDown and he will deliver his best in the ring, when he is able to appear on the show.
- When asked about being drafted to SmackDown, Cena said that he is very excited to be a part of the blue brand. He mentioned that he wants the fans to know that SmackDown will be the money show.
- Cena believes there is just the right mix of chaos on SmackDown to create excellence.
- After this new brand extension draft, Cole asked Cena regarding his new set of goals. To that, Cena admitted about his desire to beat RAW. He said that beating RAW is his driving force now.
- He noted that in 2002 they got "dealt a rag-tag bunch of dudes" and they went toe-to-toe with RAW.
- He mentions the general notion of RAW being the flagship show - which is true - but it showed how well the Smackdown team did when RAW had to take their stars to "kind of save RAW".
- He said that when RAW once again starts stealing SmackDown stars for the show, it will be proved that the blue brand is making more noise.