WWE Extreme Rules: 5 title changes that can take place on the show
WWE will bring us their next PPV, Extreme Rules, live this Sunday from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ten matches have been announced for the event so far, out of which seven are title matches, and we can expect two more to get added to the card.
The following are the championship matches which will take place this Sunday at Extreme Rules.
1. Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch (C) vs. Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans - Last chance winner takes all match for the Universal and Raw Women's Championships
2. Kofi Kingston (C) vs. Samoa Joe - Singles match for the WWE Championship
3. Ricochet (C) vs. AJ Styles - Singles match for the United States Championship
4. Bayley (C) vs. Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross - Handicap match for the SmackDown Women's Championship
5. The Revival (C) vs. The Usos - Tag team match for the Raw Tag Team Championships
6. Daniel Bryan and Rowan (C) vs. The New Day vs. Heavy Machinery - Triple Threat tag team match for the SmackDown Tag Team Championships
7. Drew Gulak (C) vs. Tony Nese - Singles match for the Cruiserweight Championship
a. Expected to be added to the card:
8. Finn Balor (C) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship
9. The IIconics (C) vs. The Kabuki Warriors - Tag team match for the Women's Tag Team Championships
As we can see, WWE has put up a stacked card for Sunday's event. It's not sure if WWE will add the Intercontinental and Women's Tag title matches to the line-up, but if they do so every main roster titles apart from the 24/7 Championship will be on the line.
With SummerSlam set to take place next month, WWE will look to shake things up by having some titles change hands this Sunday at Extreme Rules. Let's take a look at five titles which are most likely to change hands at the event.
#5 Raw Tag Team Championship
The Revival will defend their Raw Tag Team Championship against The Usos this Sunday at Extreme Rules. Jimmy and Jey have been feuding with the Revival for the past few months, with both teams trading victories over each other.
Dawson and Wilder won the Raw Tag Team Championship from Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder on the Raw after Super ShowDown in a triple threat tag team match which also involved the Usos. The two teams will reignite their feud at Extreme Rules when they clash for the titles.
The reason behind predicting the Usos winning the titles is they could be in line for a feud against the Club. Gallows and Anderson have signed a big 5-year contract after WWE promised a big push alongside AJ Styles.
We cannot expect Gallows and Anderson to start a feud with the Revival since both teams are heels at the moment. However, the Club can go after the Usos if they manage to win the titles this Sunday. WWE will not put AJ Styles in a less significant spot on the show, and now that WWE paired him with his old teammates, Gallows and Anderson could be on the way to become champions once again.