Legendary ringside commentator Jim Ross is back with his weekly blog on jrsbarbq.com and this time the Hall of Famer has update with a new one where he talked about Roman Reigns and Rusev’s manager Lana.
Here is what Good Ol’ JR had to say.
The Authority figure is tiring
- No Authority Figures and the show sailed along well. HHH and Steph do a great job, but the roles themselves is tired in my view. Everyone has been playing catch up to Vince McMahon as it relates to the authority role on any wrestling TV show. Mr. McMahon can't be topped because he's too easy to dislike, a natural. Mr. McMahon is a true heel that resonates throughout multiple generations.
- Short promos starting RAW work best and get a restless audience that's just worked all day in many instances involved in the show without having to mentally break down an interview.
Reigns needs a voice
Reigns was good in his verbal role and simply needs to keep working to "find his voice" and his cadence. Next year at this time, we shouldn't even recognize the verbal skills of Roman Reigns.
- Smart use of RVD while getting Rusev a quality win. Lana needs to watch the great female valets with a producer to better explain and recognize the nuances of talents like Sherri Martel for instance.
- Bo Dallas should want to become the biggest chickensh*t heel in history if he's smart and those around him produce him as such. His body type, athleticism, face, hair, personality etc provides the 3rd generation youngster a shot at greatness.
- I assume that Cena won the main event of the three hour show that I waited to see, but I can't be sure.
Generally, when RAW TV shows are good for the three hour marathons it is usually a sign that the immediate, short-term direction has been signed off on which is a good thing for everyone involved. I thought the Montreal RAW show was a solid, TV show that was decently paced and well written. Three hour RAWS will never be perfect, but they should be, at worst, solid and this one was certainly that if not a little better.Published 09 Jul 2014, 13:39 IST