WWE Live Event Tupelo results 19th September, 2016
A triple threat main event, teaser of a new feud and a rejuvenated Randy Orton were the major highlights from the event.
While WWE dished out another average episode of RAW from Memphis that was salvaged by Seth Rollins showing off his high-flying skills in all its glory, the blue brand was busy putting on a show for the fans in Tupelo the very same night. The SmackDown live event in Tupelo saw a host of SmackDown’s top names in action and thanks to @CraigVersion2 for the results:
– Apollo Crews def. Intercontinental champion The Miz (w/Maryse) in a non-title match. The live event trend of Miz dropping matches to Crews continued as the Intercontinental Champion lost to Crews in a non-title bout.
– Hype Bros. (Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley) def. The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor).
– Jason Jordan of American Alpha def. Aiden English of The Vaudevillains.
– Smackdown tag champions Heath Slater & Rhyno def. The Usos and Tyler Breeze & Fandango in a three-way match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship. This was a good match with the champions getting a great reception.
– Randy Orton def. Bray Wyatt (w/Erick Rowan) with the RKO. Post-match, Erick Rowan also fell victim to an RKO courtesy of the Viper himself. The recent health update of doctors clearing Orton for an in-ring return, coupled with his matches against Wyatt at the recent live events confirms the availability of Orton for all his future matches.
– Baron Corbin def. Jack Swagger. The newest addition to the SmackDown roster, Jack Swagger took on the Lone Wolf in a losing effort. By the looks of it, WWE could be working towards a feud between the two in the near future.
– Smackdown Women’s champion Becky Lynch & Naomi & Nikki Bella def. Carmella & Natalya & Alexa Bliss in a six-woman tag match. The women of the blue brand put on a decent match with the faces coming out on top.
– WWE World champion A.J. Styles def. Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler in a three-way match with the title being on the line. This was by far the match of the night as expected with The Phenomenal One coming out on top.