WWE news and notes: 7-25-13
News 25 Jul 2013, 12:55 IST
- Although originally planned for a Summerslam match, The Undertaker will not be participating in the 26th annual summer event. WWE originally wanted ‘Taker back for a six-man with Kane as one partner against either the Shield or the Wyatt Family, but he will not be healthy enough in time to work the show. ‘Taker is extremely banged up right now, and even an appearance at Wrestlemania XXX is in question.
- On September 10th this year, WWE will release a DVD titled, Legends of Mid-South, which will chronicle the fabled days of Mid-South Wrestling, as well as the many stars who passed through the area, along with those who became stars as a result of working for the promotion run by WWE Hall of Famer “Cowboy” Bill Watts. The set will also include footage from UWF, which is what Mid-South later became. Jim Ross, who was a part of the company years ago, has already seen it and has given it a very high rating, with “old-school” fans likely in for a very special treat.
- Speaking of new WWE DVD releases, many WCW fans will be happy about another upcoming set. Although no official date has been announced, this fall, WWE will release Goldberg: The Ultimate Collection, which will chronicle “Da Man”‘s short-yet-very-noteworthy career, from his beginning in WCW all the way up until his controversial departure from WWE in 2004.
- Former WWE and WCW star Scott Hall noted on his Twitter account that he has moved out of “Diamond” Dallas Page’s “accountability crib”, and is moving onto his next phase of physical and mental rehabilitation. Yesterday, he had his first in-ring training session with DDP and Hall’s son Cody, who is a hopeful 2nd generation wrestler. It appears Hall is doing extremely well with DDP’s famed yoga program thus far, unlike Jake “The Snake” Roberts, who was removed for once again “falling off the wagon”. Roberts has had substance abuse issues his entire life, and at this point, there seems very little hope for him.
- Total Divas, the new E! Network show that will focus on the women of WWE, will debut on Sunday night, July 28th. The Bella Twins are doing media appearances all week in order to promote the new show.
- Current World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio reportedly has some heat on him backstage. According to WrestlingNewsSource.com, ADR does not have any issues with Vince McMahon or Paul Levesque, but in fact is in hot water with his fellow wrestlers. ADR has been described as careless and dangerous in the ring, recently injuring Randy Orton in a match. Orton is not the first man he has injured during his run, either.
- Later today (July 25th), the city of Houston, TX will honor Hall of Famer Booker T, declaring it “Booker T Day” in the city. Houston is Book’s hometown and is also the city that the Smackdown live event will be taking place from (not to be confused with the television show). The festivities are free to the public, and will take place before the SD event the same day.