WWE Rumors: Roman Reigns will not regain the WWE Championship at Battleground
18.52K // 29 Jun 2016, 17:22 IST
During the RAW after Money in the Bank, former WWE World Champions Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns collided with each other to determine the number one contender for the biggest prize in sports entertainment.
- Unfortuantely, both were counted out from the match. The Champion Dean Ambrose asked for the opportunity to defeat both of them at Battleground, paving the way for a triple threat match involving all the former S.H.I.E.L.D members.
- The following day, WWE announced that the former three-time World Champion Roman Reigns is suspended from the company for 30 days as he violated WWE’s Talent Wellness Policy.
- This announcement resulted in lot of speculation among the fans and many believed that Roman might be removed from his scheduled championship match at Battleground or that he might get replaced by other wrestlers from the roster.
- Apparently, WWE is against such suggestions and after this week’s edition of RAW, it is almost confirmed that Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns for WWE Championship will be taking place at the upcoming pay-per-view.
- However, cagesideseats.com reports that though Roman Reigns may remain in the main event of Battleground he likely won't be winning the WWE Championship back at that event. Roman’s suspension ends 4 days before the pay-per-view.