WWE News: Spoilers from NXT Tapings - June 24, 2016
On June 24, 2016, WWE filmed a bunch of matches that will be aired in the consecutive weeks on the WWE Network. The NXT matches and segments that were taped from the Full Sail arena, Florida, were very interesting. The matches and segments built up hype either for the upcoming NXT TakeOver special that is scheduled to happen in Brooklyn or for the upcoming brand split.
Here are the results from the tapings.
– Tye Dillinger def. enhancement talent (Kai Katana) in a dark match
For July 6 Telecast
– Bayley def. Alexa Bliss via pinfall following Belly-to-Bayley. The match reportedly got a good amount of time and both women put on a stellar bout. It would have been easily considered as the match of the night if not for the other fights that were taped later on in the night. Nia Jax interrupts Bayley’s post-match promo and both women reportedly had a staredown.
– Blake & Murphy vs. Hype Bros ends in a no contest because Rhyno returned to GORE, GORE, GORE everyone. The former tag champs bickered during the match thus continuing their falling out with each other.
– The Revival def. American Alpha in a best two-out-of-three falls match to retain the NXT tag championship: Dash & Dawson control the action early, but lose fall 1 by submission when Dash taps to Jordan’s ankle lock after about 15 minutes; Revival quickly takes the second fall via tapout; champs win the third fall.
– Samoa Joe is out. Says he’s only here to watch Nakamura/Bálor, but questions the idea the winner should get a title shot. While he’s talking Rhyno appears and challenges him. Joe says only on his time and leaves.
For July 20 Telecast
– Austin Aries def. Patrick Clark via submission with Last Chancery. Afterwards, No Way Jose came out and attacked Aries setting up a feud between them.
– Andrade “Cien” Almas def. Angelo Dawkins.
– Eva Marie returns, making Dascha read her long custom intro. Her match is against Asuka, who wins with an Asuka Lock.
– Samoa Joe def. Rhyno by submission/choke out with a Coquina Clutch.
– American Alpha came out for a match with Authors of Pain, who attacked them on the ramp and destroyed them before the bell. Gable & Jordan pushed away the medical staff and told officials to start the match, which they then lost quickly via pinfall.
– Bayley def. Nia Jax via pinfall following a Belly-to-Bayley from the second rope. It was reported that the match had a very positive online reaction.
For July 13 Telecast (Seems to be taped out of order to make this the main event)
– Shinsuke Nakamura def. Finn Bálor via pinfall following Kinshasa. This dream match reportedly had everything a fan expected to see. The fans at the arena encouraged both the competitors with “Yes! Yes! Yes!” and “Fight Forever!” chants. When a match gets the audience present going with a “Fight Forever” chant, then it is surely a must watch match.
– After the match, Bálor and Nakamura celebrated with one another. Balor went around thanking the audience afterwards. This reportedly looks more like goodbye and we can expect Finn Balor to make his main roster debut on July 18th Raw or July 19th SmackDown.
Below is a part of Balor vs Nakamura match that is making rounds in social media.