WWE NXT 11 May, 2016 Results: Shinsuke Nakamura leads Riley's farewell
WWE NXT TV Results for May 11, 2016
Venue: Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL
- The show kicks off with ‘The Demon’ Finn Balor coming out to an explosive reaction from the NXT Universe, and says his bout with Samoa Joe in Lowell, MA could have gone either way.
‘The Drifter’ Elias Samson interrupts Balor and sings a song whilst receiving a lot of boos from the fans in attendance and says that he is nothing without the NXT Heavyweight Title in his possession. Finn levels him and chucks the guitar back at Samson, which he catches.
- An interview ffrom last week airs with Eric Young from last week. He says that he’s in NXT because it’s where the best wrestlers from the industry currently are. He’s a world class wrestler, athlete and maniac. EY adds that this is where he’s always wanted to be and it means a lot to him.
- Next we see Finn Balor being interviewed just as he gets to the back as they want to know the message he had for the NXT Heavyweight Champion, Samoa Joe. Finn says that he’ll deliver it after dealing with The Drifter tonight.
- Non-Title Tag Match: American Alpha (Chad Gable & Jason Jordan) vs. Corey Hollis & John Skyler
Chad Gable adopts the strategy of ‘Ground & Pound’ on Skyler before Hollis joins his partner via a drop toe hold and a standing armbar. Jordan gets tagged in and hits a textbook dropkick on Skyler prior to slamming Hollis.
Gable and Jordan pretty much control the action until Gable is pulled by the hair by Hollis, this is textbook heel move, allowing he and Skyler to pummel Gable in their corner. Jordan gets the hot tag and then Jordan goes on a suplex melee.
The Revival (Dash & Dawson) come out to the ramp to distract Jordan & Gable. No dice, Jordan hits a shoulder tackle in the corner followed by the double team move ‘The Grand Amplitude’ getting the win for his team ‘The American Alpha’.
Official Result: American Alpha def. Hollis/Skyler via pinfall
- Next we head backstage, where we see Cathy Kelley interviewing Shinsuke Nakamura about Riley saying ‘rage’ when asked about him last Wednesday. Nakamura simply replies with ‘Rage’? Shaking with rage” before shaking and walking out. That’s his style!
- Singles Match: Alex Riley vs. ‘The King of Strong Style’ Shinsuke Nakamura
Riley powers Nakamura into the corner, but is tossed out of the ring. Nakamura catches Riley with a stiff knee, but misses a knee drop. Riley seeing this big window of opportunity, capitalizes with a flurry of chops and a big dropkick before shouting ‘strong style’ and mocks him by disrespectfully ‘paintbrushing’ Nakamura's head.
Nakamura blocks a right hand jab from A- Ry and just slays him with a series of forearms and hits a foot stomp on Riley’s head. Nakamura hits a corner knee, followed by an inverted Exploder Suplex and then the exclamation point The Kinshasa for the win.
Nakamura finishes the job in less than 3 minutes.
Official Result: Shinsuke Nakamura def. Alex Riley via pinfall
- Backstage, we see ‘The Greatest Man That Ever Lived’ Austin Aries talking to General Manager William Regal saying that he is here to make an impact but gets interrupted by Blake & Murphy barging in and asking for a tag team title match. Aries said they are disrespectful and they should have the decency to bring Alexa Bliss with them.
Regal ends the argument by booking a match for next week between Blake and Murphy against Austin Aries and a partner of his choosing.
- Singles Match: Alexa Bliss vs. Rachael Ellering
Bliss and Ellering trade pin attempts until Bliss hits a forearm strike to level up Ellering. Bliss continues to target the arm, but the daughter of 'Precious Paul' counters by clubbing Bliss with a few right hand jabs and then following it up by a dropkick.
Ellering hoists Alexa above her shoulders while Alexa counters the same, slipping through and then grabbing Ellering by the throat and landing an STO. Then Alexa hits the Sparkle Splash for the one-two-three.
Official Result: Alexa Bliss def. Rachael Ellering via pinfall
- Bayley is backstage being interviewed by Cathey Kalley and Nia Jax interrupts the interview session and says she has become stronger after making one mistake and Bayley has become a loser.
Bayley replies to that by reminding Nia about NXT TakeOver: London and said despite getting pummelled throughout the match, she came out victorious. Nia challenges Bayley to a rematch, and she accepts the challenge immediately.
The match is on for next week.
- ‘The Demon’ Finn Balor vs. ‘The Drifter’ Elias Samson
Samson works on the wrist right off the bat but Finn counters by pushing Samson to the mat by locking him with a headlock. After the commercial, we see after some decent offense from Finn, Samson clocks Balor with a flurry of elbows for a one count and then follows it by a snap suplex for a two.
Balor comes fighting back with a forearm followed by the signature series of chops in the corners and a clothesline over the ropes sending The Drifter to the outside of the ring. Then Balor drops Samson with a suicide dropkick and a running soccer kick to the jaw while standing on the apron. To end the matters, Balor hit the Slingblade, followed by a corner dropkick and Bloody Sunday (now known as 1916) for the one-two-three in less than 6 minutes.
Official Result: Finn Balor def. Elias Samson via pinfall
Finn Balor grabs the mic and says that he lost fair and square to ‘The Samoan Submission Machine’ Samoa Joe at NXTLowell, but he wants his rematch. He says he's now possessed like a demon to get back his NXT Heavyweight Championship and sit atop the throne of the NXT Universe again.
Samoa Joe walks down the ramp and both the gentlemen are shouting at each other until William Regal came out to settle the issue and announced that Finn Balor will face Samoa Joe at the next NXT TakeOver Live Special on June 8th.
While Joe shouts out loud that Finn doesn’t deserve it, Balor answers Joe by diving outside onto Joe and grabbing the NXT Heavyweight Championship belt, proclaiming that Joe’s reign won’t last for long as the show closes.