WWE NXT results - 17th February 2016
894 // 18 Feb 2016, 20:30 IST
NXT never ceases to amaze and this week was no different. A controversial ending, and some promising build-up for the tag team and women’s division were the well-received moments from the show. Below are the highlights from this week’s tapings:
- The show started with Sami Zayn and Samoa Joe facing off against each other after the announcement of their main event match.
- The first match of the night featured Enzo and Big Cass teaming up with Chad and Gable to go up against Blake and Murphy and the team of Dash and Dawson. The team of Enzo, Cass, Chad and Gable won after Enzo and Big Cass hit their finisher ‘The Rocket Launcher’.
- The next segment showed a promo between Dana Brooke and Deonna Purrazzo. Dana reaffirmed to Deonna that she runs the NXT with Emma and warns about Asuka. She also said that Asuka was lucky with her win over them.
- The next match featured Asuka against Deonna Purazzo. Asuka won the match by showing her technical as well as aggressive prowess.
- Alex Riley and Tye Dillinger featured in the third match of the night with Dillinger winning the match with a roll up pin.
- Finn Balor was caught up by the interviewer and said that he would defend his title against Samoa Joe or Sami Zayn and also said that he would meet Apollo Crews in the ring sometime in the future.
- Two matches were announced for the next show which would feature Chad and Gable going up against Blake and Murphy and Nia Jax and Eva Marie against Bayley and Carmella.
- The last match of the day featured Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn fighting for the Number 1 Contender’s spot for the NXT Title. The back and forth match resulted in a double pin which saw the referee take the matter with General Manager William Regal. The match was declared a draw.
- * The last match of the day featured Samoa Joe and Sami Zayn fighting for the Number 1 Contender’s spot for the NXT Title. The back and forth match resulted in a double pin which saw the referee take the matter with General Manager William Regal. The match was declared a draw.