WWE news and notes: July 21, 2013
8.78K // 22 Jul 2013, 10:19 IST
- The Ultimate Warrior will be returning to WWE this year. Well, sort of. It was announced that due to an agreement with Warrior, WWE and 2K Games, Warrior will be returning in digital form as a special pre-order bonus for the upcoming WWE 2k14 video game.
- Speaking of the upcoming video game, Senior Game Designer Bryan Williams and GamesRadar.com writer Jason Fanelli had the following to say about the game: “At first, it felt very similar to last year’s game, but after a while, you begin to see the intricacies, from the animations to the improvements in the reversal system,” Fanelli said. “It just makes for a better experience overall. Those little things end up making it feel so much closer to what you see on television.” The game is slated for release on October 29th.
- WWE’s developmental company, NXT, looks to be taking the show on the road. Although all TV tapings will still take place at Full Sail University, house shows will be booked at other venues, including ones outside the state of Florida.
- WWE is looking to hold their own Comic-Con-style convention after the successful response several WWE superstars received at San Diego Comic-Con. Although no official announcement has been made on when it will take place, WWE are looking at a 4-day event, featuring various events and activities, as well as appearances by current and former stars. Rumored ticket prices will be $100-$150 for VIP passes, with general admission tickets likely being available as well. Current cities being looked at for the first event are New York City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Miami, San Antonio, Orlando and New Orleans.
- Originally, WWE Champion John Cena was expected to continue working a program with Mark Henry after their match at Money in the Bank. However, when plans were leaked for Cena and Daniel Bryan at Summerslam, the plans were nixed. Instead, Henry appears to be headed for a face turn, pairing with the Usos to feud with the Shield.
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross recently posted the following in response to the constant questions he gets on whether or not he’ll ever return to commentary full-time: “No…I never expect to go back on the road on a weekly basis to broadcast WWE television. I’d love to return for the occasional cameo if WWE needed my services at the announce table.”
- WWE debuted a brand new set of action figures at San Diego Comic-Con, and they are expected to hit store shelves in the very near future.
- Hall of Famer Edge will be reprising his role on the SyFy show Haven for its upcoming fourth season.
- Booker T is in the process of selling some items from his career in the ring on eBay. All proceeds will go to the wrestling school in Houston, TX that he co-owns and operates with his brother, Stevie Ray.