Raiden Shogun, the Electro Archon, has returned to Genshin Impact in version 2.5. Her original banner was already one of the most profitable banners ever, and the rerun banner is performing equally well.
The five-star Electro Polearm character is primarily used as an energy battery and sub-DPS. Her Elemental Skill is used for off-field Electro DMG while the Elemental Burst deals explosive Electro AoE damage through sword strikes.
Here are the best Polearms and support characters for Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact.
Best Polearms for Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact
Before diving into weapons, it is important to understand that Energy Recharge, Crit Rate/Crit DMG, and ATK% are the most desirable stats for Raiden Shogun. With the right build, she should be able to regenerate energy for the entire team and deal explosive Burst DMG.
The best five-star Polearms recommended for the Electro Archon are:
- Engulfing Lightning- Raiden Shogun's best in slot Polearm with an Energy Recharge sub-stat. It increases the Electro DMG (which scales off her ER) and gives her enough energy to work as a battery.
- Staff of Homa- Arguably the best Polearm in Genshin Impact with a Crit DMG sub-stat. Even though the passive is useless, the damage output will be great.
- Skyward Spine- The Energy Recharge sub-stat is highly desirable. However, the passive isn't too generous and players can make use of the 12% Normal ATK SPD buff during the Elemental Burst.
The best four-star and F2P Polearms for Raiden Shogun are:
- Wavebreaker's Fin- A severly underrated weapon with an ATK sub-stat and a passive that increases Elemental Burst DMG. An R5 Wavebreaker's Fin is even better than R5 The Catch.
- The Catch- A F2P weapon that can be unlocked through fishing. It is tailor-made for Raiden Shogun, and accordingly, has an Energy Recharge sub-stat. The passive is also focused on increasing Elemental Burst DMG.
- Deathmatch- The Crit Rate sub-stat on the Deatmatch is always useful. The passive is also reasonable owing to the ATK buff.
Best support characters for Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact
Raiden Shogun is undoubtedly a very flexible character. If players want to use her as a DPS unit, they'll definitely require some characters to buff her damage.
The recommended characters are:
- Kazuha- The best support character in the entirety of Genshin Impact. Players can use his crowd-controlling abilities before using Raiden Shogun's Elemental Burst.
- Bennett- Another buffer whose Elemental Burst can be used right before Raiden's Elemental Burst. Bennett is also a brilliant healer.
- Xingqiu/Kokomi- Great for constant Hydro application and applying the Electro-Charged reaction that is currently favored in the 2.5 Spiral Abyss.
- Kujou Sara/Lisa- Electro support units that can make the most out of Raiden's energy regenration. Kujou Sara at C6 is the best buffer after Bennett, as her sixth constellation is made for increasing Electro damage of other party members.
- Mona- In the absence of a C6 Kujou Sara, players can rely on Mona for buffing Raiden Shogun. Using Noblesse Oblige set on this character is recommended if she's put in a team with the Electro Archon.
With these support characters and weapons, players will certainly be able to make the most out of Raiden Shogun in Genshin Impact. It is worth noting that this guide is for users who want to use the Electro Archon as a DPS unit. As a sub-DPS, her team compositions change drastically.