The Season 3 Reloaded patch of Warzone 2 has introduced tons of new content to the title, and chief among them is the Ranked Play. After being teased for a long time, the competitive mode of the battle royale is finally here and the player base is extremely excited to jump in it. With the launch of the mode, developers have released all the details about Ranked Play on the Season 3 Reloaded patch notes.
Among all the intel that have been revealed on Warzone 2’s Ranked Play, some of the major highlights are the Skill Division and Rank system, alongside the restrictions that have been implemented to ensure that the competitive mode remains fair for all.
As such, let's take a look into the most pertinent points of this mode.
Warzone 2 Ranked Play release is now live
As mentioned above, the Ranked Play is a part of the Season 3 Reloaded patch in Warzone 2. Therefore, this mode has gone live with the mid-season update, which launched on May 10. The time at which the Ranked Play went live in various regions around the globe was as follows:
- May 10, 2023, 10 am PT (US West Coast)
- May 10, 2023, 12 pm CT (Illinois)
- May 10, 2023, 1 pm ET (US East Coast)
- May 10, 2023, 6 pm GMT (UK)
- May 10, 2023, 7 pm CEST (Central Europe)
- May 10, 2023, 8 pm MSK (Moscow)
- May 10, 2023, 10:30 pm IST (India)
- May 11, 2023, 1 am CST (China)
- May 11, 2023, 2 am JST (Japan)
- May 11, 2023, 3 am AEDT (Australia)
- May 11, 2023, 5 am NZDT (New Zealand)
Rules and Restrictions of Warzone 2 Ranked Play
To ensure the competitive integrity of Warzone 2 Ranked Play, developers have implemented certain rules and regulations for the mode. Some of the major highlights are as follows:
- Squad size: Trios
- Map: Al Mazrah
- Game Mode: Battle Royale
- Public Event restrictions (e.g., No Firesales)
- Vehicle restrictions (e.g., No Heavy Choppers)
- Restricted gameplay elements (e.g., no multi-circles, changes to redeploy mechanics)
- Buy Station Inventory adjustments
- No throwing rocks at people in the Gulag.
Alongside these rules, developers have also restricted several overpowered items like the Bomb Drone and Cluster Mines, which can provide unfair advantage to the players.
Warzone 2 Season 3 Reloaded Ranked Play Rewards
In order to incentivize gamers to climb through both the rank and skill divisions of the Ranked Play, developers have announced tons of excellent cosmetic rewards that the players can get by completing certain progression milestones.
Rank progression rewards
Just like the Ranked Play mode of Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2 players will also be able to climb through a progression of Rank 1 to Rank 50 by gaining stars at the end of each competitive match. Different from the Skill Division system, the Rank of the players will not change at the beginning of each Season and will remain the same throughout the life-cycle of the game.
Players can get the following rewards by climbing through the ranks of Warzone 2 Ranked Play:
- Rank 5: 'Ranked and Reckless' vehicle Skin for the GMC Hummer EV.
- Rank 10: ‘Good Sweat’ Emblem
- Rank 15: ‘Lost Full’ Sticker
- Rank 20: ‘Bot Collector’ Weapon Charm
- Rank 25: ‘Hot Drop’ Animated Emblem
- Rank 30: ‘Ranked Play Win Tracker’ Gun Screen that displays the total number of Warzone 2 Ranked Play wins of the player.
- Rank 35: ‘Bot Patrol’ Sticker
- Rank 40: ‘Ranked Demon’ Large Decal
- Rank 45: ‘Frying’ Weapon Charm
- Rank 50: 'Ranked Veteran' Emblem and Skin for CDL Male and Female Operators of both the factions.
Alongside these rewards, players will also obtain a Calling card for each of the Rank milestone that they have reached.
Skill Division progression rewards
Just like the Rank System, players will also be rewarded for climbing through the various Skill Divisions of Ranked Play. At the end of each match, players will either win or lose Skill Rating (SR) points based on their performance and standing. The total number of SR that the players gain will determine which Skill Division they will be in.
In the first season of Ranked Play in Warzone 2, players will be able to collect the following rewards based on their Skill Division at the end of the season:
- Top 250: ‘Season 03 Top 250’ Weapon Charm, Emblem, and Calling Card
- Iridescent: ‘Season 03 Iridescent’ Weapon Charm, Emblem, and Calling Card
- Crimson: ‘Season 03 Crimson’ Weapon Charm and Emblem
- Diamond: ‘Season 03 Diamond’ Weapon Charm and Emblem
- Platinum: ‘Season 03 Platinum’ Weapon Charm and Emblem
- Gold: ‘Season 03 Gold’ Weapon Charm and Emblem
- Silver: Emblem
- Bronze: Emblem
Alongside the rewards of the Top 250 skill division, the player who ranks first on the leaderboard will get a one-of-a-kind Emblem and Calling Card of supreme prestige.
Players will also get certain items based on their match placement and the number of kills and assists that they gain each season.
- Finish ‘Top 15’ 25 Times: ‘Salty’ Large Decal
- Finish ‘Top 5’ 10 Times: Pro Issue Chimera Blueprint
- Win a Ranked Play match: ‘Crowned’ Weapon Charm
Kill and assist rewards:
- Get 25 Kills or Assists: ‘Season 03 Competitor’ Sticker
- Get 100 Killsor Assists: ‘Ranked Play Season 03’ Loading Screen
- Get 500 Kills or Assists: ‘Season 03 Ranked Veteran’ Camo
These are all the rewards that the players can obtain from the Ranked Play mode of Warzone 2 in Season 3 Reloaded.
This is all there is to know about the upcoming Ranked Play mode for the battle royale title.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2's Season 2 Reloaded update is currently available on PC (via Battle.net and Steam), Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, and PlayStation 5.