ATP Rankings: Novak Djokovic maintains top spot, Ferrer falls to eighth
With 16,790 points, Serbian Novak Djokovic held on to his top rank in the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) World Singles rankings released on Monday.
Spain's David Ferrer fell to eighth place following his elimination from the Rio Open quarterfinals by Austrian Dominic Thiem. Japan's Kei Nishikori rose one spot to sixth while Czech Tomas Berdych advanced to seventh, reports Efe.
The top 10
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 16,790 points
2. Andy Murray (Scotland) 8,855
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 8,795
4. Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) 5,870
5. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 4,880
6. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 4,235
7. Tomas Berdych (Czech) 3,990
8. David Ferrer (Spain) 3,915
9. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France) 2,950
10. Richard Gasquet (France) 2,760.