13 Greatest Movies Featuring a Professional Wrestler
13 Greatest Movies Featuring A Professional Wrestler - Of All... Link Provided By BhabaniWWE.IN.
13. Ready To Rumble - It may be too easy to include it, but a movie that has Goldberg, DDP, Sting, Bam Bam Bigelow and more in it just had to be on the list. It might not be the best movie out there, but if you were a wrestling fan, you at least got some enjoyment out of this movie. Other wrestlers include Saturn, Randy Savage, Booker T, Sid Vicious…the list goes on and on with this timeless wrestling classic!
12. Jingle All The Way- Yes, that massive Santa Claus that Arnold fights with in Jingle All The Way is none other than Paul Wight, A.K.A. The Giant, A.K.A. The Big Show. This is a definite guilty pleasure movie, but this scene is great and it is just a funny role to see The Big Show in. I don’t care what all you nerds say, Jingle All The Way is a fun movie and it deserves this spot on the list.
11. The 40 Year Old Virgin- Remember the speed dating scene from The 40 Year Old Virgin? Remember the busty brunette whose tit pops out? Yep, none other than former WCW personality Kimberly Page. She was best known for her role as manager/valet of DDP and for her role in the creation of the Nitro Girls. The video below doesn’t show her due to the nip slip, but that’s the scene she appears in.
10. The Condemned – As if Stone Cold wasn’t enough, read this IMDB description: “Jack Conrad is awaiting the death penalty in a corrupt Central American prison. He is “purchased” by a wealthy television producer and taken to a desolate island where he must fight to the death against nine other condemned killers from all corners of the world, with freedom going to the sole survivor.” If you don’t want to see that right now, check your damn pulse.
9. Fast Five – Really? A fifth movie in the Fast and Furious series? Boy, were we wrong. The Rock steals the show and makes this easily the best film in the series. Is it bad that we are already anticipating the release of Fast Six to see what sort of ass-kicking antics The Rock has up his sleeves?
8. The Mummy Returns – This relatively brief role essentially kick-started The Rock’s movie career. In what is probably the best movie in The Mummy series, The Rock was impressive enough to spark his own movie in the series, the easily forgettable The Scorpion King.
7. MacGruber – MacGruber is a sneaky funny movie and a good part of that is from the scene that features several WWE superstars. The movie features Chris Jericho, Mark Henry, The Big Show, Kane, The Great Khali and MVP. Albeit brief, their scene makes for one of the most shocking and funny parts of the whole movie.
6. The Expendables – Stone Cold Steve Austin has been in many movies, and for good reason. He is the ultimate bad-ass, so naturally Stallone had to include him in The Expendables. Our only beef with the movie was what they decided to do with Stone Cold’s character at the end. Still mad about that.
5. X-Men – In the original X-Men film, former wrestler Tyler Mane portrayed the role of Sabretooth. Most of his wrestling days were spent in the WCW under the names Titron and Big Sky. His career took a nosedive after tag-team partner Kevin Nash moved on to the WWF.
4. They Live – Since it’s 1988 release, They Live has become a cult favorite. It stars (yes, stars) “Rowdy” Roddy Piper as a nameless unemployed guy referred to only as “Nada”. The movie is essentially a similar plot to The Matrix, with Nada discovering the world he lives in is not reality…and he discovers that by putting on magical sunglasses. If you haven’t seen this, we suggest you check it out.|
3. Die Hard – With A Vengeance: Don’t recognize this actor? Not surprised, it’s a quick role, but we couldn’t leave Die Hard With A Vengeance off the list. The actor/wrestler is Tony Halme A.K.A. Ludvig Borga to you WWF fans out there. He played a minor role as a henchman named Roman in this third installment to the Die Hard series.
2. Predator – Jesse “The Body” Ventura made his big screen debut in this 1987 action classic. He had a decent role and it landed him several other movies down the road. He even made an appearance in 1997′s Batman & Robin as an Arkham Asylum guard. Check out the compilation clip below, and as you can see, even though he wasn’t in the movie a lot, he still dominated the scenes he was in.
1. The Godfather – Pretty impressive that arguably the best movie ever made featured a wrestler in a pretty prominent role. The brutal and ruthless character, Luca Brasi, was portrayed by former wrestler Lenny Montana. Montana competed in the AWA and the NWA in the 1950s and 1960s until he became an enforcer in the Columbo crime family. Talk about a crazy life. Dude goes from wrestling to mafia enforcer to actor.